Discuss Vaccine. .??? in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

From what I've read I wish I'd had the Pfizer vaccine as it is more efficacious than the AstraZeneca. You guys that've had the Pfizer how many weeks until they have booked you in for the second jab?

Well, the misses had the
From what I've read I wish I'd had the Pfizer vaccine as it is more efficacious than the AstraZeneca. You guys that've had the Pfizer how many weeks until they have booked you in for the second jab?
Well, the misses has the Pfizer and subsequently tested positive for Covid. Me and the kids had the AZ and so far we’re clear

I had covid Feb 20 (tested positive for antibodies later) then both az jabs.
Had flu jab 3 weeks ago yesterday been very ill flu type symptoms injection site badly swollen for 2 weeks. Doctors think it's a reaction to all covid antibodies in my system.

It's sad to hear people with reactions to Covid jabs. Sadly, the vaccinations are the best defence we have and the only way we can reopen without 1000s of deaths so it must be a bit of bugger when they don't work well for people. Luckily my own reaction to the vaccination was mild, but I'm glad I had the jab (unlike several I know who managed to catch Covid and die before vaccinations became available).

Personally I think the passport thing I have here in Italy (which shows I am vaccinated, cured, or have a recent negative test) is wonderful as it means I can sit in a restaurant without risking sitting next to a no-mask, no vax, no testing person who may well infect me (albeit temporarily, as I'm hopefully immune, having had both Moderna shots) and put me and my family at risk. I see it much like having a driving licence (which I currently don't have as the Italian state won't let me use my UK one). I can see how badly implemented schemes will cause trouble, however.

What is even sadder, is that a number of people (shall we say a very significant minority?) are refusing the vaccination out of fear or to make a political point even when they are lucky enough to live in countries that would be able to give it to them. Unfortunately their choice to use their civil liberty to remain unvaccinated reduces other people's civil liberties very much (for example townfanjon who has good reason not to want a booster and who may find himself at risk or having to isolate/refuse work in order to remain safe if others don't vaccinate).

I had covid Feb 20 (tested positive for antibodies later) then both az jabs.
Had flu jab 3 weeks ago yesterday been very ill flu type symptoms injection site badly swollen for 2 weeks. Doctors think it's a reaction to all covid antibodies in my system.
I have been like that since flu jab two weeks ago like a cold but it doesn’t develop , tested myself twice and negative but could have had COVID as wife tested positive last week. Luckily only slight symptoms now finished isolation. We both are double jabbed just waiting for boosters

Coronavirus ("how long is a piece of string" pandemic) vaccines as on October 24 2021 - are needed more for:

1. eating - can't be masked,
  2. drinking - can't be masked,
  3. head face neck nose mouth ear eye cleaning / bathing in shared areas - can't be masked,
  4. dentistry work - can't be masked, and
  5. some medical work - can't be masked
Transmission is not being stopped by covid vaccines. This can be seen in the statistics. At all other stages, it is face masks and eyewear I'm afraid to say.

Last edited:
As said , this is going to cause huge problems , Australia being one , major problems down under.
I do not blame anyone for not wanting a jab , its personal choice as is wearing a mask .

Reply to Vaccine. .??? in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock