Search the forum,

Discuss using a pump with a combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello, was chatting to a friend, he has a good size 5 bedroom house .. current system is a combi boiler and he is looking to upgrade bathrooms and water supply as currently using a tap stop the hot water to the shower

i was surprised when he mentioned to me the the plumber is recommending keeping the combi boiler (4 years old) and adding a stuart turner booster to get the required pressure for the water stores in a 300l Main Cylinder (with pressure inlet kit and expansion vessel) up the the bathrooms on the 2 upper floors ..

i was told pressure was 4 bar

would you only keep a combi boiler if putting a new pipe from the mains proves to be tricky ? house is 1930s with i assume original pipe from mains

i assume a pressurised system including new boiler only works with a pressure that the original pipe cant supply and the pump is the only option

thanks for your advice

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to using a pump with a combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Just had a "Main Eco Compact" combi boiler installed as the Biasi one failed. It seems to work fine, gives a hot bath, i dont ever use the radiators or kitchen hot tap. (no point in upping the landlords gas bill for no reason) On day 4, the pressure is below 1. I filled it back up to >1, but...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am currently having issues with an Ariston Combi A series boiler giving an E08 - "No water in primary circuit" error code, the circuit is holding water pressure fine, the pump runs and seems to have a bit of force behind it and I have replaced the pressure sensor but the problem persists...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a Kinetico 2020c HE Water Softener, fitted in 2008 in our loft to the cold water tank in a vented system with a conventional boiler. All good, was working fine. Recently our old Potterton Suprima conventional boiler packed up and we decided to change to a Vaillant EcoTec COMBI...
Replies
Views
K
My conventional boiler needs to be replaced. One engineer suggested combi with an external pump because water pressure in my flat is low, the other said there's no need for a pump. He even said that if the pump would have a detrimental effect on the boiler. Who is right?
Replies
Views
Hi, I am currently using a Grundfos Booster Pump. This pump is fed by 2pcs of 1,000 liters water tank. Normally the pump would stop working only when there is no water in the water tank. But, recently for the past week, in the middle of the night, the pump would stop working even though the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock