Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss using a pump with a combi boiler in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. selondonman

selondonman New Member

hello, was chatting to a friend, he has a good size 5 bedroom house .. current system is a combi boiler and he is looking to upgrade bathrooms and water supply as currently using a tap stop the hot water to the shower

i was surprised when he mentioned to me the the plumber is recommending keeping the combi boiler (4 years old) and adding a stuart turner booster to get the required pressure for the water stores in a 300l Main Cylinder (with pressure inlet kit and expansion vessel) up the the bathrooms on the 2 upper floors ..

i was told pressure was 4 bar

would you only keep a combi boiler if putting a new pipe from the mains proves to be tricky ? house is 1930s with i assume original pipe from mains

i assume a pressurised system including new boiler only works with a pressure that the original pipe cant supply and the pump is the only option

thanks for your advice

2. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

You asked this yesterday!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Thread closed