Search the forum,

Discuss US size P traps? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil T

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Hi all.
I'm doing a job at a McDonalds and have been told that the sink P traps are a different size to standard UK ones.
Would anyone know if/ where I could get hold of the US sized ones? or if I can just leave the awkward size part of the trap in place and change the swivel part with a UK one?

Cheers

i would check for myself that they are different sizes first. if they are then mix and match to get what is required. do they need changing?

No its the pipework mainly but I noticed that where the pipe goes in there is damage tothe trap where some herbert has tried forcing the pipe in. Manager mentioned that the connection to sink is US size

Got to ask; why would they use US?

All / most the gear comes from the U.S.

I knew someone who worked on Mac's and had to go to the States to be approved to work on the Catering equipment

got my fingers crossed for the mix n match option as i can't find any traps on tinterweb, not in uk anyway

When I looked after them they were 1 1/2" copper P traps (conex) onto an H&K pop-up sink waste but it was a while ago.

A US based seller on Ebay and get shipped over (else get manager to get one sent). Find all sorts of stuff like that on there.

i tried the mix n match but the traps were different but believe it or not 3 screwfix traps with a bit of ptfe worked a treat ... no leaks and hold pretty solid. maybe i got lucky with the sink fittings but he said everything comes from US so sizes needed to be specific. didn't get free breakfast or brew though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to US size P traps? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks ok to me.....sound but the bowl has seen a lot of work. So she wants a new one...Astracast it seems are no more. The problem is its size.....looked...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath the boiler is difficult with lots of obstacles, is it okay if I run soldered copper over / across the top of the boiler? It'll be about 4" off the top...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock