Discuss Urinal Auto siphon problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folks,

I've fitted 3 new urinals supplied with cistern,auto siphon etc. Now when I first fast filled the system everything was ok,water flowed into all 3 urinals perfectly,now since that,the cistern just fills up & overflows outside.Ive changed the siphon & same again.Ive took the cistern off the wall & poured water down the sparge pipe & water comes from the urinals so it must be a problem with the siphon? I've seen it before when the sparge is too far up the siphon & it dribbles out but this isn't the case at all here,nothing is coming out.Ive slightly raised the cistern so the sparge pipe is no more than 20mm inside the siphon tail but still the same problem. When I fill it up over a sink everything works fine.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Remove the sparge and use a bucket for a test

Sounds like maybe the sparge is creating too much resistance to get it started

You have used 22mm copper tube (min)?

Remove the sparge and use a bucket for a test

Sounds like maybe the sparge is creating too much resistance to get it started

You have used 22mm copper tube (min)?

Thanks for the reply,its 28mm on the siphon,22mm connected to that then reducing to 15mm to each urinal. The customer ordered the whole package with sparge etc included. I'm guessing that using the bucket would be same result as when filling it over the sink?

Cheers again

Thanks for the reply,its 28mm on the siphon,22mm connected to that then reducing to 15mm to each urinal. The customer ordered the whole package with sparge etc included. I'm guessing that using the bucket would be same result as when filling it over the sink?

Cheers again

Sorry cut of before I finished

Leave the main sparge pipe in eg before it tees off

Then add one urinal then retest sounds like you have a restriction/ restrictor

Maybe a diverter to make sure equal flow to each pot etc

Getting into the pipework isn't the easiest, behind a tiled wall you see,customer wanted the old panels out & adamant he wanted tiles..nightmare! I did test using flexis into buckets before tiling was done and everything deemed fine.Can always take a tile or 2 out if necessary.Would the fact that the supply pipes to both urinals on the outside dont have formed bends instead they came with compression?That's the only resistance I can think possible.

Cheers

Ends capped after you left tile addy / plaster in the pipes ?

Reply to Urinal Auto siphon problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock