Discuss Urgent advice needed about hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took off the wooden panel which was covering the pipes and was inspecting the pipes and valves with the boilers' instruction manual and which way is the filling loop meant be facing such as the valves? There are two black levers at each side and I was reading something about a non return valve could this be something to look at all as they are both facing clockwise.

I took off the wooden panel which was covering the pipes and was inspecting the pipes and valves with the boilers' instruction manual and which way is the filling loop meant be facing such as the valves? There are two black levers at each side and I was reading something about a non return valve could this be something to look at all as they are both facing clockwise.

Actually you could be on to something there.. If the NRV is sticking open then system water could be mixing with the cold water going into your boiler, contaminating that, but leaving your cold water supply uncontaminated...

We need photos of that pipework. There will be an arrow on one or both of those valves on the filling loop. Close-ups showing the valves and arrows would be particularly helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay so I have taken some photos of the filling loop and valves (sorry they aren't exactly the best). On the black lever on the right side of the filling loop there is an arrow pointing upwards yet the black valve is facing another direction. With the black valve on the left side of the filling loop I can't see an arrow pointing anywhere on the valve. Any further clarification on this thank you.
WIN_20161103_12_14_47_Pro.jpgWIN_20161103_12_15_29_Pro.jpgWIN_20161103_12_18_59_Pro.jpgWIN_20161103_12_19_06_Pro.jpgWIN_20161103_12_22_08_Pro.jpgWIN_20161103_12_22_32_Pro.jpgWIN_20161103_12_22_50_Pro.jpg

You've been adjusting the filling loop? If so mate this is rubbish

You've been adjusting the filling loop? If so mate this is rubbish

No, from descriptions in previous posts I think he's reducing the cold inlet flow into the boiler with the square black knob on the inlet pipe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay so I have taken some photos of the filling loop and valves (sorry they aren't exactly the best). On the black lever on the right side of the filling loop there is an arrow pointing upwards yet the black valve is facing another direction. With the black valve on the left side of the filling loop I can't see an arrow pointing anywhere on the valve. Any further clarification on this thank you.
View attachment 27919View attachment 27920View attachment 27921View attachment 27922View attachment 27923View attachment 27924View attachment 27925

The position of the black valve handle on the right is fine - it shows that the valve is closed. The handle on the right shows the valve is open, and it should not be. Actually, to comply with water regs it must not be, and the braided hose must be removed from between the two valves unless filling the system.

The right-hand valve is facing the wrong way but that is not the non return valve, the left hand one is, and there will be an arrow on there somewhere. Please have another look and post the photo..

No I haven't touched the filling loop but adjusted the cold water inlet stopcock. How does the filling loop seem, as I am not sure if the left side of it is turned the right way because the black lever is turned fully anti-clockwise and I am not sure if should be turned clockwise or not (see previous pic) I will take another picture.

Last edited:
No I haven't touched the filling loop but adjusted the cold water inlet stopcock. How does the filling loop seem, as I am not sure if the left side of it is turned the right way because the black lever is turned fully anti-clockwise and I am not sure if should be turned clockwise or not (see previous pic) I will take another picture.

You need to turn the left hand valve of the filling loop to the off position - ie crosswise to the valve body. It should turn 90 degrees clockwise.

I have now turned the left hand valve of the filling loop to the off position (fully clockwise) I took a picture of what it looks like now does it seem okay because before it was turned fully anti-clockwise.
P.S I had asked my landlord for the boiler installers' details and he said that he couldn't remember and gave me a number instead, but the number he gave me doesn't exist anymore.
WIN_20161103_13_41_53_Pro.jpgWIN_20161103_13_42_12_Pro.jpgWIN_20161103_13_42_12_Pro.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Urgent advice needed about hot water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock