Search the forum,

Discuss Uponor free multitool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

markfxy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Bought a lot of Uponor tube and fittings a few months back and got a Milwaukee multitool free of charge it's now packed up I've taken it to a Milwaukee agent to be repaired under warranty they wont touch it without a sales invoice which I don't have as it was free, Iv'e spoken to Uponor and as usual for them they're not interested and won't give me any form of receipt. They've told me theres nothing they can, do anyone know what my rights are the tool comes with a years warranty so I want it repaired free of charge

Any good manufacturer would issue a repair still, the tool would have a date stamp on it so they know how old it is...

Your best bet is to pursue them for a repair under goodwill...

I had a Milwaukee inspection camera & the display kept cutting out, maybe there stuff ain't as good as everyone makes out lol!

does it say on your uponor receipt free mutil tool?

No I got the Uponor through plumbcenter spoke to the uponor rep and told them I wanted the expander tool for free which they sent me I also had the choice of a multitool or battery screwdriver only the expander tool shows on the plumbcenter receipt.

Should have filled out the optional 3 year warranty card but as usual I couldn't be arsed:sad:

No I got the Uponor through plumbcenter spoke to the uponor rep and told them I wanted the expander tool for free which they sent me I also had the choice of a multitool or battery screwdriver only the expander tool shows on the plumbcenter receipt.

Should have filled out the optional 3 year warranty card but as usual I couldn't be arsed:sad:

just play hard ball its there product (they can tell how old it is by the serial no)

Its a tricky one. I wouldn't argue that it was free. I would argue that it was part of the larger transaction.

The trouble is that your rights are to have it repaired, replaced or refunded. The choice of which lies with the supplier, NOT with you, unless you can demonstrate that for some reason that a repair isn't acceptable.

So you go to court, the court awards in your favour.

The judge says to the supplier "You must replace, repair or refund this item".

Supplier says, "Ok judge, we choose to refund. We will give exactly what he paid. Nothing."

I reckon you are best pursuing this as goodwill.

Last edited by a moderator:
K
Bad show on them really

You ain't gonna buy their gear now & neither will I

Their loss

I like Makita

Iv only ever used Bosch & makita repair service, both under warranty, collected item etc & repaired free of charge!

If I had a receipt I'm sure Milwaukee would have had to honor the warranty
My gripe is more with Uponor and their lack of interest I've used their products for years it seems they are not interested in the smaller sole traders and their reps are impossible to get hold of, gets frustrating at times dealing with them:mad2:

Tell them that then, say to the rep you'll start using maincor from this point on. The rep should sort it for you, after all his sales figures rely on your purchases.

If I had a receipt I'm sure Milwaukee would have had to honor the warranty
My gripe is more with Uponor and their lack of interest I've used their products for years it seems they are not interested in the smaller sole traders and their reps are impossible to get hold of, gets frustrating at times dealing with them:mad2:
Where are you based??
My rep ( yorkshire) is very good.
Do you use a lot of Uponor?

Use a lot of q&e rather than multilayer, based in Brighton reps don't seem to stick around for long and never ever answer their fxxxing phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Uponor free multitool in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock