Discuss UPDATE: Plumbers apparently not meant to be going to customers homes unless emergency callout?! in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Ultimately everyone makes their own judgement dependent on perceived risks. Good plumbers are experts at risk assessment.

I am confused though as I thought Boris said everyone who can't work from home can go back to work this week (ok confusion over today or weds . . .)

Apologies to all, I'm sure I missed a bit somewhere. Anybody know where the detailed 50 page doc is. Should be avail now (from 2pm)

That is a ridiculous thing to say. These "old sick people" are you customers who allow you to earn the money in the first place. Your family isnt immune to the virus either. Lastly if everyone had your attitude the virus would be everywhere you should be grateful there are people who actually take this seriously and have correct priorities.

Like I said, my family must come first, I don’t fear the virus and immunity is the only way forward. You know what the kicker is in all this...I’ve been getting loads of old “high risk” elderly people calling me out because can’t get British Gas etc! Fitted two boilers this week, got two next....win win
[automerge]1589526838[/automerge]
What you gonna do? Sit round waiting for BJ to make a next speech...f*** that I have confidence in my own judgement thanks. My family will be fine...Dads 76 on usual 3-5 mile few times a week, we all good mate.
[automerge]1589527087[/automerge]
Like I said, my family must come first, I don’t fear the virus and immunity is the only way forward. You know what the kicker is in all this...I’ve been getting loads of old “high risk” elderly people calling me out because can’t get British Gas etc! Fitted two boilers this week, got two next....win win
What you gonna do? Sit round waiting for BJ to make a next speech...f*** that I have confidence in my own judgement thanks. My family will be fine...Dads 76 on usual 3-5 mile runs few times a week, we all good mate.

Last edited:
What you gonna do? Sit round waiting for BJ to make a next speech...f*** that I have confidence in my own judgement thanks. My family will be fine...Dads 76 on usual 3-5 mile few times a week, we all good mate.
[automerge]1589527087[/automerge]

I am lost for words with your opinion , you are one selfish ignorant **** and if I knew you I would say-it to your face believe me .

I am lost for words with your opinion , you are one selfish ignorant **** and if I knew you I would say-it to your face believe me .

I don’t see how attending to customers (including vulnerable people) is selfish. They requested my services and I want the work, I’m not forcing any down doors here. Don’t under estimate the healing qualities of good looking young gas man.

Look on the news, the government does not know if they’re coming or going, meanwhile the economy is going down the pan. A whole generation of kids education suffering.

“The show must go on”

It makes no difference to me if you agree with me or not...online or not. My papers going up! in fact please stay at home and thank you.

Well, I was back to work on Monday after 6 weeks on Furlough.

I must add..... I am not returning through choice!

We still had a number of guys working on and carrying out essential repair work throughout this period.

My employer consulted Gas Safe, Government & Solicitors in an attempt to look for some advice on wither LGSC work was essential and we had to carry on as normal.

Gas Safe never changed their stance and say every attempt must still be made to carry out these CP12's for the Housing contracts we have on our books.

Most of our work is housing contracts and they were pressurising us to carry on as normal.

Unless the tenants point blank refuse entry at door or state someone within property has symptoms we have been told we must carry on as normal.

We obviously take every precaution when in property including asking tenant to stay well away preferably in another room when we are in.

I have found most of tenants have been told by housing they MUST give us access so only about 3 tenants refused last week.

Disgusted at Gas Safe/Governments attitude here!!!!

Bearing in mind I dont do gas and am supposed to be shielding for 12 weeks courtesy of the nhs. I have been to 2 customers. One oil combi in garage, I came in through garage door, no contact with customer, repaired, paid online and plenty of sanitizer. Yesterday customer on british gas plan no hot water. British gas said they wont come out till 2021 despite him paying monthly. Hole in radiator had dropped pressure. Isolated rad, topped up boiler, sorted, money straight to bank.

But 2021 for a repair!!!

I'm going back to work mid june, my 12 weeks will be up. Cant afford to stay off longer, plus I will need to find ways of working with the virus about as it may be here for a while. I have a nation of work just waiting for me to start.

British gas said they wont come out till 2021 despite him paying monthly. Hole in radiator had dropped pressure. Isolated rad, topped up boiler, sorted, money straight to bank.

But 2021 for a repair!!!

Hang on according to their advert Birtish Gas are wizzing around delivering crates of tinned tomatoes to every boiler breakdown!

Reply to UPDATE: Plumbers apparently not meant to be going to customers homes unless emergency callout?! in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock