Discuss UPDATE: Plumbers apparently not meant to be going to customers homes unless emergency callout?! in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

I’m doing any work that is beneficial to my business, customers and family. if I get grant off the government to sit at home I may reconsider my position. I value earning a crust for my young family far higher then the lives of old sick people I don’t even know.

I value earning a crust for my young family far higher then the lives of old sick people I don’t even know.

That is a ridiculous thing to say. These "old sick people" are you customers who allow you to earn the money in the first place. Your family isnt immune to the virus either. Lastly if everyone had your attitude the virus would be everywhere you should be grateful there are people who actually take this seriously and have correct priorities.

I think some common sense is required, my oil fired central heating and domestic hot water has a problem, the boiler is in a flat under the house, was originally a garage, so the oil boiler service guy is coming on Thursday, flat will be left unlocked for him, and will not be used for 24 hours at least after he leaves, we will talk using a baby alarm or mobile phones, there is no risk to either him or me, if the boiler was in the main house then yes there would be a problem, however if it was in the main house I could live with it tripping out every so often as would not need to get dressed and leave the house walk down a flight of steps and enter the flat to reset it.

Can anyone clarify if landlord gas safety checks are suspended or not as work in social housing & it ain't pretty & constantly get grief from tenants for attending CP12 appointments booked in for me.

What do we all think on BJs latest speech? does that mean we carry out work in customers homes?
For me, I think he's being very vague and is dangling a sting until he can answer more questions in parliament tomorrow.

I’m doing any work that is beneficial to my business, customers and family. if I get grant off the government to sit at home I may reconsider my position. I value earning a crust for my young family far higher then the lives of old sick people I don’t even know.

Jesus wept I have only just seen this , is it a joke ??? , because if it is , its the worse post I have ever seen on here .

What do we all think on BJs latest speech? does that mean we carry out work in customers homes?
For me, I think he's being very vague and is dangling a sting until he can answer more questions in parliament tomorrow.
No restrictions lifted at all, earliest review 1st June this is on the extreme end of what he could possibly announce. Essentially we wont be going back to normal, and maybe start going back to normal in June but only in very small steps that can be rolled back.
First Bojo announcement was like someone cut off our phone line, only had phonecalls to cancel work. This announcement will dig the hole even deeper - customers finances tight, no end of lockdown in sight. Only saving grace is its not a busy time of year anyway.

Interpretation, is the key word.
Luckily I dont have to interpret, as I am having to shield.
I expect to be back to work in three to four weeks time, I have a number of jobs that customers still need doing. However I will be treating everything as being contagious, plenty of hand sanitizer, social distancing whilst at a customers and ultimately protecting myself, my family and my customers.

These plans though will be subject to the numbers decreasing.

The virus is amongst us. Call on friday from the mother in laws nursing home. They've had their first positive test of a resident. The homes been locked down for 2 months, somebody's not followed the rules somewhere. A mate of mine works for patient transport. Just worked 11 shifts in 14 days with the same bloke, who yesterday tested positive for the virus. Luckily he got his result today, negative.

A group of friends tonight on whatsapp were discussing their interpretation of the relaxing of the exercise rules on Wednesday and planning their rounds of golf and the opening of the golf course on wednesday. That's a big massive no from me.

Spoke to few people on social media tonight and everybody was of the same mind, not changing anything in their lockdown routines just yet.

Stay safe everybody.

Reply to UPDATE: Plumbers apparently not meant to be going to customers homes unless emergency callout?! in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock