Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented Tank With Multiple Taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

ollie2017uk

Hi all, I recently had a new unvented everflow 180 tank installed. The pressure off the tank is awesome, however if i run a bath and the kitchen sink is on, both take a huge drop in pressure more so than i'd expect. Is there anything that can be done about this or not?

live with it.
or look at having the incoming supply upgraded??

whats your incoming pressure and flow?

I was told it was 3.5bar (I think) does that sound about right? I didn't have this problem with the tanks it replaced though! So no disrespect I don't really want to "live with it"

Could I add an accumulator to the system?

Last edited by a moderator:
You will only get out what you put in.

Whatever the flow rate on your mains water is will be shared between outlets.

Did your installer measure the flow rates and pressures ( both of them ). and talk through this with you ?

Did your installer measure the flow rates and pressures ( both of them ). and talk through this with you ?

Not that I remember, How is it then that the old system with the 3 tanks seemed to cope with using multiple taps better then?

It could be that the pipe sizing was correct to supply all the Outlets at the same time.

It could be that you had multiple outlets on the tanks ( individual supplies to various Draw off points).

Now you are sharing one main supply between every draw off point.

What size is the mains to your property and to your New cylinder ?

What is the flow rate at the first draw off point ( nearest main stop tap )?

What pressure do you have at that point ?

It could be that the pipe sizing was correct to supply all the Outlets at the same time.

It could be that you had multiple outlets on the tanks ( individual supplies to various Draw off points).

Now you are sharing one main supply between every draw off point.

What size is the mains to your property and to your New cylinder ?

What is the flow rate at the first draw off point ( nearest main stop tap )?

What pressure do you have at that point ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented Tank With Multiple Taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock