Discuss Unvented hot water, poor flow. Blocked filter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RoyalCrabs

Hi guys!

Dealing with an unvented Hot Water cylinder that has apparently been fine till a few weeks ago. Someone decided to turn the mains stopcock right down as the pressure was 'too high' and over time the flow rate has reduced to a trickle when left on for 10-20 secs (hot water..).

I suspect the cylinder isnt filling quick enough to keep up with the tap outlets (same story with every tap in the house, worse upstairs for obvs. reasons), could it be a blocked filter on the inlet to the cylinder?
Not worked much on these systems before but have a rough idea.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, like I said I think the filter could be blocked but not sure.

Thanks!

1st point, do you have the qualification to do the work?

pressure to high?? where?? why??
might be more than 1 problem here.

Wow.

Yes, I am qualified but have not worked on these systems for ages. Ive stated in another post that most of my work has been on basic plumbing. Slowly building up more confidence to take on slightly more complex work.

I'm just looking into the problem, doing a bit of research (not just this forum..) before even attempting any work myself.

Simon, I'm not quite clear. It was second hand information. I think he thought the mains pressure was too high on cold water outlets and turned it down a few weeks ago...

Did that "Someone" previously adjsut the pressure at the cylinder first before truning the stopcock down I wonder??

Is the cold supply to the taps Balanced?

Pressure shouldnt have been too high cos you should have a prv on the cold inlet to the cylinder. you could have a look at the filter in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented hot water, poor flow. Blocked filter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock