Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented Hot Water Cylinder issues ..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stevern87

Morning Guys.

After some help/advice.

We we have recently moved into a rental property with the following set up ....

- Ideal Logic heat 12 boiler (Kitchen)
- Danfoss dual CH and HW electronic controller (under boiler)
- Range Tribune HE Cylinder (Airing Cupboard)

For some reason the cylinder seems to be constantly on ?? The timer is set to 1hr in a morning and 1hr in an evening with the thermostat set to 50 on the cylinder. The boiler however is constantly firing up every ten mins and goes from the blue burn light to a green c ???

The only way to turn off the cylinder is to cut the power on the fuse switch next to the boiler cutting the boiler , cylinder and electronic programmer ?

When we moved in the switch on the main fuse board labelled water heater was off as well as the fuse switch in the airing cupboard.

It's got to the point last night where I have had to turn off the power as the cupboard is sweltering and heat coming through to the bedroom and the pressure on the red cylinder is up to the red bar at 2 ??

It's as though things aren't taking to each other and turning it off.

Rang the Landlady who is going to try and get in touch with the previous tenant and if she can't s going to get British Gas out.

Any idea guys ?

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 31
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 31
Landlady needs to ring BG now, doesnt matter what the previous tenant says or did, shes obviously on a contract so its not going to cost her for a callout

Sounds like it's wired wrong, is it a newish house?
Also point out to the landlord that the cylinder should have an annual service/ safety check. ( not gas regs but they are required to maintain things and keep them safe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented Hot Water Cylinder issues ..... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to change my shower mixer and I have a unvented hot water cylinder. Is it sufficient to turn off the mains? Do I need to drain the cylinder? Thanks
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
hello we have an unvented system. we have an issue where the hot water is hot for 10 seconds and then luke warm, turn off taps / wait and turn back and it repeats itself. had boiler checked and told it was the expansion vessel. Had the expansion vessel drained and recharged. plumber told me...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As the title says, I have a problem with an unvented cylinder I had installed last year where the first time I turn a hot tap on after the cylinder has been heated I get what sounds like a vibration. It generally starts about 1s after I open the tap and lasts for about 1.5s. I've...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock