Discuss Unsweating a soldered joint tight to ceiling! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actualy just looked at that link - thise tongs are just like mine except mine are yellow.
Great for inside new expensive kitchen units etc

Have to disagree with shaun. I cant speak for what he has used but heating up and cooling down times are just like a soldering iron. When mine are cooling i just pop them on a step or back in the van on a metal tool vault.
The benefits outweigh the disadvantage, but its not every day i use them but they are great when i do...

Last edited by a moderator:
i learnt to tin solder at school using an iron, same thing old school

Sorry for the rapid-fire replies. I think im on whatsapp lol....

It's true they never un-sweat in the right place, always end up the joint about cracks off 1st :( just always pray it doesn't all come down & im left with an open end in the ceiling to have to get at!!!

Use some of this
[DLMURL="http://www.wickes.co.uk/LA-CO-Cool-Gel-Heat-Barrier/p/138024"]LA-CO Cool Gel Heat Barrier | Wickes.co.uk[/DLMURL]

Use some of this
[DLMURL="http://www.wickes.co.uk/LA-CO-Cool-Gel-Heat-Barrier/p/138024"]LA-CO Cool Gel Heat Barrier | Wickes.co.uk[/DLMURL]
Looks like some sort of lubricant the ex war department would slap on her piles!

I like the idea of flame and the ex war department not so sure about the retardant bit though, I think that was her pet name for me! I think!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unsweating a soldered joint tight to ceiling! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock