Discuss Unsafe LPG Installations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

R1CKY

I was called out to a boiler breakdown on Saturday.

Upon arrival I soon realised it was LPG and not Natural Gas, a cock up by the insurance company.

I do not hold any LPG qualifications. Had a quick look at the boiler, it was on ignition lock out, so I left well alone.

Anywho, walking past the supply tank, I noticed that the supply pipe had been disconnected and re-connected to two 47KG propane bottles, via a changeover valve, completely un-supported and under strain.

I contacted my Foreman who advised me to isolate and disconnect the bottles and advised the customer we would send a suitably qualified engineer to deal with it shortly.

My question is, as someone who holds no LPG qualifications, should I have no superiors to rely on (if I was to become self employed for example). What is the correct action to take if I discover an unsafe LPG installation?

good question that, have gas emergency not got people who can deal with emergency situations on lpg installations...i bet they have or they would know who to contact. In theory if your not competent in LPG installations and pipe work you shouldnt touch it, but i guess if its obvious how to make safe you would just do it... with the owner or reponsible persons permision of course :)

comes down to duty of care, i was called to a house with warm air and i dont hold this qualification. i could smell a gassy odour coming from vents. i called a mate who is qualified, told me possible cause. i turned boiler off and issued warning notice. could you walk away knowing it could all go wrong and you didnt do anything.

why not phone gas safe for advice on it ? let us know what they say about it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unsafe LPG Installations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock