Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Unsafe bingo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasmanrob

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
This morning I have done 5 property's for one landlord, all with the same outcome. Over the last 10 years I haven't had to cap of more then 3 appliances in a week at some points I've gone 3-4 months without needing to do any however today I got a full collection 5 inspections 10 appliances all failed every single one! To give you an idea this was one of the better appliances I looked at

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 88
In one property he had a bbu in a bedroom/bedsit with no ventilation....

im assuming he has not had any certs done for a while?

i bet he likes you LOL.

Last edited:
I had a similar looking one but worse in a free standing one, gave me the boak. I'll give the LL his due, he bought a new cooker :lol:

The best of the day had to be the freestanding oven with the up and over solar grill, rather then remove the extractor hood that sits at the same height as the grill they emptied the bottom half of the hood left the plastic fan assembly in and slid the oven in, plastics had all melted over the back of the solar grill. POC all over the cupboard above disaster waiting to happen. With appliances and remedial works plus the gas safety re tests he is looking at a bill of just under 4k. I particularly enjoyed the conversation about the boiler he had fitted last week, and when I asked why he didn't have that engineer do the certs?

his response "oh he's not registered to work on gas" oh ok who was he then, I might know him and you say it was at what property? Oh turns out I don't know him but thanks for the information I'll be passing it on! As I left property number 5 he was on the phone arranging for the appliances to be reconnected I guess. There was no way in hell those properties were inspected at all!

i would phone gas safe and report what you have found, one thing they tend to look at more than anything else is dodgy landlords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unsafe bingo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Am I the only one struggling to find appliances' manuals online? I know it's hard enough with cookers and old gas fires but I've just been unable...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction...
Replies
Views
Full disclosure, I am an Electrician. One of my older clients has just had her fire capped off because it doesn't comply with today's regs and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an OSO Direct 210 hit water cylinder installed in my home, with 2 switches (on/off; and boost). The boiler is for hot water only...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Not sure if it's a plumbers job or another trade but thought I'd ask. I am installing a new toilet downstairs next to an outside wall...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock