Search the forum,

Discuss Unknown transfer into my account in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I seem to have an unknown faster payments transfer into my current account, just cant for the life of me recognise the name or anything, its from a private individual. Its a mystery to me as to where it came from. I don't know what to do?

I seem to have an unknown faster payments transfer into my current account, just cant for the life of me recognise the name or anything, its from a private individual. Its a mystery to me as to where it came from. I don't know what to do?

Ah! Sorry about that mate I`ll get my bank details sent to you asap, what name was it again?

I'm not for a second saying I can keep it but should I report it or just wait for it to be taken?

Ask the bank to get the payer's name for you. I've had the same thing before and it was a mis-typed account number. Because I knew I hadn't worked for anyone of that name, I knew it was a mistake..

Oops, sorry, just realised you've got the name, just don't recognise it! I'd let the bank know - I think it's called theft by retention or something if you keep it..

Last edited by a moderator:
You could ask your bank for details, just tell them an unknown payment,
You could wait for the bank to contact you about an error,

However
You could say that I asked for it back.

Ask the bank to get the payer's name for you. I've had the same thing before and it was a mis-typed account number. Because I knew I hadn't worked for anyone of that name, I knew it was a mistake..

...... and you did what Mas? C`mon spill the beans! :53:

...... and you did what Mas? C`mon spill the beans! :53:

The bank sent it back mate. They were the ones who told me about it being classed as theft. Even when sender's name doesn't appear on your statement, the bank can trace back to the account number. They said once I'd queried it, they were obliged to return it or they would be equally guilty.. It was only a couple of hundred quid, not worth getting into trouble over. If it was a couple of hundred grand I'd have withdrawn the lot, stashed it, "forgotten" where it was and done a few months inside...

Actually, I probably wouldn't. The idea of prison scares me s*&tless...

Prison? I'm the innocent party here, I will phone the bank I suppose or maybe send them 6 or 7 red letters and ask why they are reducing the 3% interest on my account.

Sometimes I work for someone and they get their ex husband or son in law to do the transfer so it could be that, its £89.45 and the name is an unusual one.

90 quid won't pay that tax bill Phil. Might as well look honest and hand it back!

It's an odd amount of money - surely just look at your sales ledger for that amount and go from there ?

Its solved now, she paid me more money then was expected, i wasnt sure of her last name till I looked it up. Also only half the name was displayed so it looked weird.

So yes it was my customer.

I've had similar happen, I once chased a customer called Pat after a month without him paying the £80 he owed me into my bank, there were a few payments around the time of the invoice and none were for 80 and none were from Pat, after 2 phone calls it turned out his mrs had paid me and included a £20 tip :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unknown transfer into my account in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock