Search the forum,

Discuss Unknown heating controls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

redash

Hi all, apologies if this is the wrong place, I've just joined.

I'm not a plumber but work in trade wholesale. I've just moved into a new flat and it has a heating programmer I've never seen before. I have no idea how to use it, so all I need to know is the make/model so I can get hold of some kind of manual for it.

These are pictures of it:

ss+(2016-12-03+at+09.24.48).jpgss+(2016-12-03+at+09.25.00).jpg

Can anyone help?

Take it off its wall plate (probably 2 screws on the bottom or a slot to insert a screwdriver) and have a look on the back of it.
There will be a label with the model on it.
If its a wired model or if you are not sure turn the power off to the heating 1st

It's a basic programmable room thermostat, it may be WiFi connected to the boiler.
Unfortunately with the name Smart on it it's not easy searching.
Smart finds all the hi tech smart controllers.

As above you'll need to remove and find the manufacturers name, SMART is just the model name I suspect.

Non intelligent stats of this type have similar settings.
I've had a Programmable room stat for over 28 years, and only just replaced the first one for another similar one.

What make Boiler have you got?

Last edited:
It's a Chinese eBay special. Can't find any info, or instructions. It's for sale here-http://www.biomasssupplies.co.uk/smart-heating-controls/

Thanks for the help. With what you've found I tracked them down to a company named H&V
No links to any kind of manual though. So I've emailed them.

In the Smart brochure on H&V website is this address;

Smart Controls.
Votec House.
Hambridge Lane.
Newbury.
Berkshire.
RG14 5TN.
01635 556600

Seems to be owned by UK Electric who also own H&V and a lot of other small H&V controls companies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unknown heating controls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock