Search the forum,

Discuss Unknown blockage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dismayed

I live 3 storeys up in renovated buildings. Two plumbers have been unable to locate the blockage to my kitchen waste pipe. They've tried plunging but to no available. The pipe bends three times at right angles so snaking won't work and they can't see where the pipe goes. There are no neighbours below, just retail units and they don't have a problem. I'm now desperate as nobody knows what to do. I'm ferrying waste water in buckets to the bathroom on the same level. Help please ?!

Try lots of boiling hot water, do not try chemicals to unblock it.

Try lots of boiling hot water, do not try chemicals to unblock it.
Thanks. I've been doing that for a week but it doesn't get far enough along the blocked pipe. I think the blockage is some distance

At any point did anyone cut into the waste between the 90 degree bends and take a look? Or remove the trap under the sink.

At any point did anyone cut into the waste between the 90 degree bends and take a look? Or remove the trap under the sink.
The trap under the sink was removed but nobody cut into the waste between the bends. I think there's water in the pipe that runs along the wall. I keep plunging on a daily basis

90 bends won't stop a snake.

Simplest way is to use a wet vac and suck the blockage back if they can't (be bothered to) find the route of the pipe.

90 bends won't stop a snake.

Simplest way is to use a wet vac and suck the blockage back if they can't (be bothered to) find the route of the pipe.
Can't do it right now but I'll definitely give that a go and let you know how I get on. Thanks for this

Apart from the odd knocked over one, most of my tea goes straight down.

Can't do it right now but I'll definitely give that a go and let you know how I get on. Thanks for this

It works best with the wet vac straight on the pipe, you will get limited suction via the waste hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unknown blockage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock