Discuss Unidentified slimy waste on lawn. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the last two or three months my parents have noticed a slimy residue forming in the small raised lawn at the front of their property. It is colourless, odourless and occupies a patch less than 1 square metre of lawn. It is also directly above where the underground soil pipes and then join two access chambers before exiting the property.

The first effort was to power-wash some water through one of the rodding-points of the suspect pipe and view at the inspection chamber as to what might be expunged. (Though there was no backing-up to any of the appliances our initial thinking was that a partial blockage might have occurred, causing extra strain on a joint thus causing the leak). What this did achieve was the forcing out of a rather large piece of undissolved washing powder. Subsequent runs of water all drained away perfectly via the access pipe. So we thought the problem was solved. Unfortunately this was not the case; the residue continued to return.

Today we dug this area to investigate as to whether there was a broken pipe or joint responsible for the mess. The soil here was, though, noticeably dry – contrary to what we would have expected. We also found the pipes to be in perfect order so tried pouring water from several buckets and running water from the kitchen sink, all to no avail as the soil remained dry.

Totally perplexed. Does anybody have any possible clue as to what this stuff could be? Thanks in advance for any advice. :(

Who ya gonna call!!!!

Not trying to be funny but you might have a more informed response on a garden forum or have you tried one and been sent here?

Unusual problem though. Hope you find the cause and are able to sort it soon.

i bet its the neighbour pouring gravy on his lawn for a laugh!

KJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unidentified slimy waste on lawn. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
Hy all, So i noticed the corner in the living room was getting damp. investigation showed that the corner skirting board that goes around the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Im hoping someone could give me some advice please. I'm new to this site so please forgive me if I'm posting incorrectly or in the wrong...
Replies
Views
Hi, Need some advice about a soil pipe in 1966ish built ex-mod property. We have suspected but not be able to prove that since some heavy...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I moved into a house where the kitchen was moved from an upper floor to the ground floor, at the back of the house, so there was no...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Hi all, Bought a doer upper which hadn’t had any maintenance for years. Front facing wall of the house was like a marsh around the grid above a...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock