Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Understanding our central heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Noviomagus

Dear All,

First post from a non techie, so please bear with with me.

We live in a 4 bed detached new build ie 2015 house, one heating thermostat/controller is on the ground floor in the hall and this is Danfoss TP 5000 that we can just about understand.

On the first floor, in our bedroom is a Danfoss TP 9000 and underneath at is a Danfoss TS2.

The bedroom in question is south facing, so gets afternoon sun - noting that the TS2 wiring instructions say that it should not be fixed in direct sunlight (so pull the curtains I hear you say). Both the TS2 and TP 9000 are located on the wall adjacent to the hot water cylinder room. In this bedroom there is one radiator, a fixed type ie without a thermostatic valve.

We are getting a bit frustrated about getting the temperature right upstairs as we don't think the kit should be in the bedroom and whilst the next step is to get a thermometer, to double check, last night when we turned in and it was just beyond the 2230 time programmed block it claimed that the temp in the room was 20 C but we we ruddy freezing and all the rads upstairs were cold. Also during the evening the temp set on the control was 19.5 C, the temp showing on the main screen ie room display was 18.5 and the red light saying that the heating should be on wasn't.

As I say, getting water from a tap is about our extent of plumbing knowledge but we had expected the TP9000 and Ts 2 to be in the upstairs hall area, away from the fixed radiator there and for the rad in our bedroom not to be of the fixed type but the thermostatic controlled variety. With both us in the bedroom plus perhaps a TV this must affect the temperature settings as opposed to a more neutral location.

I am sure that all you folk who know your stuff will tell me this a perfectly normal set up nowadays.

So far, it is a case of 'obeying orders' as far as the builders are concerned with how the system has been shown on their plans, but having found that they manage to wire up things back to front so that the upstairs controller dealt with downstairs and vice versa I would welcome a wider view please so I can arm myself for my next foray.

Thanks very much, happy to supply any missing links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Understanding our central heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Hello its my 1st post hope im in the right place We brought a new house a medium-large 3 bedroom semi, we moved in the summer. Now coming to...
Replies
Views
Afternoon Fellas If anyone has time to help with this snag it'd be much appreciated. We have a wet-floor system controlled by John Guest UH3 and...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock