Search the forum,

Discuss underfloor Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

greg27

hello all ,

my mate has asked me to help him install some ufh as I have a little bit more experience with it , hes laid the loops already just A case of connecting manifold and wiring, I have had a look and seen he may have a few issues. haven't said too much don't want to scare him or maybe im wrong,

1. The manifoldis to be connected right next to convential oil boiler, off the primarys with azone valve, is this right or should he take the flow off after main pump inairing cupboard and put the zone valve here ? Boiler downstairs, airingcupboard upstairs.

1. Alsoim not sure about wiring, The ufh pack comes with wiring centre and stat withactuators, im just wondering if the wiring centre goes downstairs by the boilerdo I use this as say a Honeywell wiring centre with the other zone valves,pump, cylinder stat coming down here becaiuse there are no cable for this atthe moment and the builder isn’t gona be happyif he has to start taking floorsback up!
Any help appreciated

Sorry, but get some one in who knows the job. Your possibly a bit out of depth. It will take one day to wire connect rest and commission. You may take a lot longer and cust a lot more .

Is it pressurised now?

Is the screed laid?

How long are the loops?

Did you get it designed?

Not helpful, how do u learn by letting someone else do it ? Y do u need to know lengths of circuits to answer the question or if screeds laid thats not the question ,

You obviously need to take a ufh course sounds like you've ballsed up on this job

If you don't take any notice of what Ermi says on UFH you will do so at your peril, he knows what he is talking about.

By failing to prepare, your are preparing to fail!!!

You obviously need to take a ufh course sounds like you've ballsed up on this job

Mark nothing like coming straight out with it, tell a guy his feet stink like :001_9898: I love this forum :party:

Last edited by a moderator:
As i said it was to help someone out , but from responses on here and wat ive read it doesnt sound good, i will be staying away

As i said it was to help someone out , but from responses on here and wat ive read it doesnt sound good, i will be staying away

Greg,

Not certain what you mean by "staying away", from the UFH system or this forum??? , it's usually good advice here and its for free, even fresh air isn't free any more. You must be able to understand that the guys on here make their living out of plumbing, some take great delight in have a dig if Joe public has messed up, me I can roll with the punches, I can take it an give it back.

Maybe you should have said, what Iv'e done doesn't sound too good and not what Iv'e read doesn't sound too good.

Good luck with the UFH,

No i meant the ufh job , i think ive realised the problem with the ufh now , am i right in thinking return on the manifold is only open when its blending and then it is a closed circuit. So if i installed the manifold before main pump on primary flow , there would be no circulation through the boiler. Hope that makes sense. I have now connected the manifold after pump with new zone valve and wired stat bk to airing cupboard. Think im on right route now ?

Do as Gray says then we can see what the problem is, maybe I have opened your airways again, lets have a look at what you have got.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to underfloor Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone I wasn’t sure whether to post this in here or UFH but hopefully I’m posting this in the correct group. I’m in the throes of a full...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, hoping someone can help with a problem that's been perplexing me since just before Christmas..... I have a wet underfloor heating system...
Replies
Views
P
Hi, I'm after some advice on converting my current CH system to Wiser smart system. In particular, looking for advice on whether I can use the...
Replies
Views
Hi All Looking at having controls replaced / upgraded for a Vaillant Ecotect plus combi boiler. Currently have x2 zone valves on the heating (x1...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock