Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Underfloor heating. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kip

Whats your opinion guys? As an engineer and not a customer.

What its like to install?
Ever any problems with this?
What its like once its installed?

Thinking of taking it on in the new year, widen my skills :)

Hi Kip
Been talking to a customer about this today Think it will be a way foward in new builds or those renovating wishing to improve green credentials :)

dont like it,its easy enough to install,if its practicle otherwise a pain.

Hi Kip
Been talking to a customer about this today Think it will be a way foward in new builds or those renovating wishing to improve green credentials :)

Thats what im thinking, alot of new builds are tight for space a little in kitchens and bathrooms. These are the only rooms i'd probably rely on it being a heating source rather than a luxury.

Anyone recommend any manufacturers of underfloor heating based on experiance and not hear say?

I have underfloor heating in my home ,apart from bedrooms as not alot of floor space once bed fitted
Also came back last night after a week away and it did take a while to heat up as had turned off,have to link up to a telephone line so I can ring up and put on a few hours before when away a week or more :)
Used to get the mother in law to come in and turn it on but she knows when we are back then and hangs around,not a nice welcome home and she tends to bring the nabourhood down :D

im no plumber and fitted u/f in my house myself
its a doddle
i have a geminox ..french .boiler with internal storage /wired through system bought from heatmerchants
easy to wire with stats in each room
12 zones
only problem i have is its costing 1000 litres every 8 weeks
i think its down to floor layers ripping out edge insulation before concrete ent in [i was away at the time
i think it is suited better to a ground source heat pump and or solar heat sources
its also designed NOT to switch on and off but to stay on
just drop back to a preset temp and warm up as required
its a great form of heat apart from the cost of oil

it will become the future, due to lower flow-return temps on boiler, probably also run by heat pumps other than gas. as stated a doddle to install.

ive only used the pollyplumb one but once mastered its easy theres a knack to laying it one trick is always turn the roll to unwind never pull of a stationary roll
put the roll over a shoulder and turn as you go pushing it into fixings with your size nines
allways have it peasured up when pouring screed

only ones i done is electric ones. quick n easy under tiled floors and does the job.
chikened out the last enquiry to fit wet system as i havn't done one before either.
dread the thought of custome calling some months later saying they have a leak.

Thats what im thinking, alot of new builds are tight for space a little in kitchens and bathrooms. These are the only rooms i'd probably rely on it being a heating source rather than a luxury.

Just finished a new build with 3500m of ufh works a treat used thermal stores as buffers to stop boiler cycling

Trouble with kitchen and bathrooms is the small free floor space in relation to room size and with the air changes and temp required in bathrooms ufh alone will not cope, max output from ufh is 100w/m so a rad or towel rail is also required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underfloor heating. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock