Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor Heating & towel rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am having water underfloor heating installed in a one bed new build flat.
I intend to have three zone. Kitchen/Lounge, Bedroom & Hall/Bathroom. My problem is that I want to install a heated towel rad in the bathroom.
What is the best way to acheive this. I have a three port manifold. I don’t really want to have another thermostat for one rad.
I am using the Heatmiser UH4 control panel which I know can control rads as well as the underfloor heating but it feels a bit over the top to have four thermostats in a one bed flat.
I have considered using an electric rad or maybe putting Lounge/Kitchen & Hall/Bathroom on the same thermostat then using the other stat for the rad.

Is it finished eg floor down ?

I'd just stick a TRV on the bathroom towel rail and have it piped to be 'always on' whenever any of the other zones are on.

Get a dual fuel rail so you can dry towels in the summer, but remember that in the current market, the runnings costs of electric heating can be roughly five times those of gas.

If you are installing UFH in a flat that is not on the ground floor, make sure the insulation between you and your downstairs neighbour is good or you will be paying their heating bill as well as your own.

No not finished yet. Pipe laid today screed going down Thursday.

I would run a set of pipe to where the towel rad is going then back to the manifold and then you can decide if you want it on the manifold or off the system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underfloor Heating & towel rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock