Discuss Underfloor heating pump problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alan McSheehy

I have two underfloor heating sets, photo attached.

Both pumps are turning fine. I opened the screw and can see them turn.

The set on the right works fine.

The set on the left does not work. The pipe coming out the bottom of the wilo pump does not heat up.

Please help.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6700.jpg
    IMG_6700.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 47
Last edited by a moderator:
Air, and get rid of them flexis, one on left looks kinked and not rated for central heating.

Take of the drain off that's pointing up over and swap for an automatic air vent. Likewise with the 2 22mm stop ends. If its not air then there could be a problem with the pipework. Was it pressure tested prior to installation? and was the pressure maintained whilst screeding?

I would start by isolating this circuit, disconnecting the underfloor pipes and sticking my power flusher on it or hose pipe to prove flow and then use that to fill it. The aav's will then remove any residual air once circulation is established.

However installed that system should be shot.., Obviously they designed it as they put it together. Looks like they went to screwfix and bought a miscellaneous bin end of parts...

Please don't tell me someone sells that as an ufh kit..

Is the outlet at the bottom?
Looks like an overheat stat on the right hand side. Inlet?
Seems strange.

However installed that system should be shot.., Obviously they designed it as they put it together. Looks like they went to screwfix and bought a miscellaneous bin end of parts...

Please don't tell me someone sells that as an ufh kit..

+1 prob could make something better than that miss match

start again my vote

What are they running? 2 small single zones by the looks of things?

Not the greatest set up but I guess it's worked in the past as it looks a few years old?

What are they running? 2 small single zones by the looks of things?

Not the greatest set up but I guess it's worked in the past as it looks a few years old?

That's what I was guessing looking at the pipe sizes / connections.

Not sure what orange & grey the box on rhs is, guessing it's the switching device connected to the stat/timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underfloor heating pump problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient...
Replies
Views
I'm attending a wet underfloor heating system, it's an old one ..No flow meters, just adjustable valves on the returns with conventional...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they bought it from Reliance, as per attached spec). I have dismantled the valve now 3 times and...
Replies
Views
I have two adjoining cottages, each with an identical UFH system downstairs. Both been going fine for around five years. But for the last few...
Replies
Views
Some advice needed please re a 3 year old combi gas boiler. The hot water works but no heating. A gas engineer was already booked to do the annual...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock