Search the forum,

Discuss underfloor heating pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wigz

i have a job in a bungalow where i need to move 2 radiators to other side of rooms. all the pipes are in pipe ducts with plywood covering pipes. i need to chase out the concrete floor to where the new rads will be situated, does anyone know of any trunking or ducting i can use.i have looked in various places and cant seem to find much to suit. thanks for the help

steve then what your just saying use polypipe, are you saying dont use a duct and just screed straight over the polypipe?

yes, pipe in pipe is a plastic pipe inside a conduit. the conduit protects the pipe and also enables you to remove and replace the pipe if needed.

how would it enable me to remove it if i have screeded over it with cement, if there was a leak it would be a nightmare drilling it all out again.

because the pipe is not connected to the conduit, just pull the pipe out and slide a new pipe in. you can not add fittings to it, its for single point to point runs.

i will need to add fittings to it im installing 2 new rads in 2 different rooms. the main run is in the hall way will be branching off that either way for each room . and its going to be assesed by my nvq assesor.

you could make up a manifold under the stairs?

otherwise a metalor pvc floor ducting system will be needed. i have used it before but cant recommend where to buy it from, try google.

aint no stairs aw bungalow:) think it will be much easier and better for future inspection if i used a duct of some type with a ply wood screwed down over the top then covered with the carpet. will pvc be ok to use as its central heating pipes getting hot

aint no stairs aw bungalow:) think it will be much easier and better for future inspection if i used a duct of some type with a ply wood screwed down over the top then covered with the carpet. will pvc be ok to use as its central heating pipes getting hot

doh! LOL of course theres no stairs. i think my pain killers are wearing my brain cells away. :(

i have never used the pvc only metal, i would phone the manfacture and ask there advise. Personally i would think go with the metal.

ask manufactures for local stockists!

will go check some local places. doubt the pvc is approved will go with metal i think. thanks the help aw

Last edited by a moderator:
sorted it, i will chase out the trench put batten either side of the trench and screw down a floor board, then put a tiny screed over.

I'd go for the pipe in pipe plus manifold idea. think of the mess and hassle you'll have replacing pipework (Hopefully you won't!) if you 'chase out the trench put batten either side of the trench and screw down a floor board, then put a tiny screed over', whereas with pipe in pipe you just pull your old pipe out and then pull the new pipe in. No digging up or rescreeding required!

I'd go for the pipe in pipe plus manifold idea. think of the mess and hassle you'll have replacing pipework (Hopefully you won't!) if you 'chase out the trench put batten either side of the trench and screw down a floor board, then put a tiny screed over', whereas with pipe in pipe you just pull your old pipe out and then pull the new pipe in. No digging up or rescreeding required!

This is the best way to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to underfloor heating pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock