Discuss Underfloor heating on 24/7 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ascarg

Hello all, first off I'm sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread. I have a problem with my underfloor heating it's was fine throughout the winter but now the summer is here if notice it's still constantly on. I've turned off the room stats and the actuators are all off but its still on I've also turned heating off on the control panel but the still doesn't turn it off, the only way to actually turn the heating off is to turn the boiler off. Can anyone help I've got a brand new boiler but I'm worried it has been over worked as its never been off in 9 months. Thank in advance for any help.

If the actuators are off I wonder how the water's getting around the circuit? What sort of UFH is it? Could be dodgy wiring backfeeding but presumably the pump goes off? Not enough info I'm afraid. When you switch off the boiler how quick does the floor cool down as depending on the floor makeup it could take several hours?

thanks for the reply sparkgap, when you say wiring to you mean the electrics? I'm actually working away from home at the moment but I'll post the type of UFH when I get back or do you mean wet or electric? it's wet anyway. once it switched off it probably take an hour or two to cool down. do you mean the pump by the manifold? i'll check to see if its warm when I get back.

I suspect a wiring fault: UFH manifold probably has a circuit board which all the room stats are linked to to operate the zone valves, the board will also bring on the manifold pump (if there is one) and will have a link back to bring on the boiler. If it's still coming on when all the stats are off then could be the board has thrown a wobbler. More of a sparky problem than plumber!

What is it that's running is it the pump that's on the manifold that's constantly running or is the boiler constantly firing up, ? Sounds like it's either wired wrong or it's still calling for heat , are your actuators defonatlay all closed ? All stats off , if everything is off and no demand needed and it's still on then best to get engineer round to check , ( original installer if still under a warranty period ) , if the boiler is brand new then most installers should be giving you a warranty period on there work,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underfloor heating on 24/7 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock