Discuss Underfloor heating not getting hot enough in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

My daughter has just had a new boiler, her system is radiators to upper floors and underfloor to all of ground floor. Despite the valve serving the underfloor being turned up to a high temperature and the pipe leading to the pump being very hot the flow and return pipes on the manifold are only luke warm. The valve is on 60 or 65 but the temperature on the dial after the pump is only 30 degrees. I enclose a photo with the flow and return marked in yellow and the hot pipe leading to the pump marked in blue. The pump sounds as if it is working ok. In addition I can’t see how the flow on each circuit can be adjusted as the flow indicators do not look like they can be adjusted but there has to be a way.
Any advice would be much appreciated

Attachments

• A305CFD6-6FB5-430E-8149-4B53A02AF9E8.jpeg
    A305CFD6-6FB5-430E-8149-4B53A02AF9E8.jpeg
    472.1 KB · Views: 27
  • CFA62C96-8459-4FCC-A68E-71B3923A5E1E.jpeg
    CFA62C96-8459-4FCC-A68E-71B3923A5E1E.jpeg
    360.3 KB · Views: 25
Also you shouldn’t have the ufh system running at 60 dc what was it designed at ?

There’s flow going through them and adjusting them won’t fix the problem as there pumping / flowing best to stop adjusting things and find what the actual problem is before you break something

Also you shouldn’t have the ufh system running at 60 dc what was it designed at ?

There’s flow going through them and adjusting them won’t fix the problem as there pumping / flowing best to stop adjusting things and find what the actual problem is before you break something
I haven’t done anything. The engineer that installed the new boiler said to turn up to 60 for a while as the underfloor wasn’t getting very warm so my daughter did what he said. I haven’t adjusted anything, my question about how to adjust the flow was just out of interest, I just try to advise/ help when I can but I will not be touching it, I will leave that to the experts.

I haven’t done anything. The engineer that installed the new boiler said to turn up to 60 for a while as the underfloor wasn’t getting very warm so my daughter did what he said. I haven’t adjusted anything, my question about how to adjust the flow was just out of interest, I just try to advise/ help when I can but I will not be touching it, I will leave that to the experts.

Well that’s bad advice from him high temp can cause the floor to crack / warp / do some decent damage did he flush the loops as he’s drained down ?

The flow is set to spec so should need adjusting

Did the system work with the old boiler? Can you upload a picture of the new boiler with surrounding pipework.
Yes it did work with the old boiler which was a Remeha 45KW . The heating was off for nearly two weeks while getting a new one installed was all sorted. The enclosed photo is of the low loss header below the old boiler, that is still there. The new boiler is Worcester Bosch regular boiler, sorry no photo as daughter lives on other side of Leeds.

Attachments

• 7A3B79AD-5693-498D-B6DB-0A4614B6FE36.jpeg
    7A3B79AD-5693-498D-B6DB-0A4614B6FE36.jpeg
    305.2 KB · Views: 17
Well that’s bad advice from him high temp can cause the floor to crack / warp / do some decent damage did he flush the loops as he’s drained down ?

The flow is set to spec so should need adjusting
I will tell her to turn it down. You say the flow is set to spec so should need adjusting, did you mean to say shouldn’t need adjusting ?

Could be air locked. Need mains on and flush through each loop.
Yes, it could be. The problem they have is the contract with Corgi who kindly replaced the boiler and separate pump does not cover the underfloor heating. The engineer who replaced the boiler is just trying to get it running like before but I doubt that he would flush through each loop.
How are the flow rates on each loop adjusted ? as the flow indicators do not look as if they have any adjustment. I have seen a few videos on YouTube where they simply adjust the flow indicator but that doesn’t look possible on their system

Reply to Underfloor heating not getting hot enough in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock