Discuss Underfloor heating from combi help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jstephens

Hi everyone after a bit of advice.

Im an electrician so go easy on me!

currently wiring a new build at the moment and wanted to see what people's opinions of this set up.

It's a large house with 5 zones of UFH downstairs and radiators upstairs.

I was expecting a valve for the UFH and a valve for the CH but the plumber has been told to run the UFH from the CH pipes. I mentioned to him that when the UFH is one surely the rads will be on upstairs but he said they can turn these down on the TRV valves on the rads. This doesn't seem right to me as I was expecting to install a separate room stat upstairs and keep everything separate.
What's the correct way a new build with combi, rads upstairs and UFH down should be installed?
if this set up is correct then I'll shut up and wire it just wanted to check.

many thanks Jon

The underfloor heating requires its own zone ,thus zone valve and thermostat...ufh and radiators work differently and have different response times

^^^ yep as above, UFH will also need a mixing valve to blend the temp down , pump etc if not you are going to get some very warm floors lol. This system sounds like a right load of **** .

As people have already said, blending valve, and own manifold, part l also requires each zone to be controlled independantly. Is the plumber called Mickey and have big ears?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underfloor heating from combi help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock