Discuss Unable to run bath of hot water after boiler change in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Practically speaking, that sounds truly incredible, most gas boilers will only go into recycle or perhaps modulate down if the dT exceeds say 30C.
Surprising (or maybe not) that the Viessmann guys didn't reveal this.
I would ask them straight out the facts of the above.

No it’s installed correctly … 28mm to 2 manifolds upstairs (flow & return) and 2 manifolds downstairs… no temperature control, but balanced flow. Each zone is temperature controlled by individual digital room stats.

There is no issue with heating, been working find since install.

But no thermostatic overheat protection / temp blending

Correct it was not part of the Nu-Heat system, they did design & supplied the kit, it relied on the Thermal Store stat controlling temp.
I do intend adding a Thermostatic mixing valve, I have posted a Q on it today …. welcome any comments if you take a read.

What’s the floor construction/ covering ?

Ground floor 75mm reinforced on 1000mm insulation, screed over pipes, tiled finish mainly. Engineered wood floor on 2 rooms.
1st floor pipes clipped direct to underside of Wheyrock deck, then over covered with reflective foil & insulation. Floor covering tiled floors or laminate flooring.

Floor construction and finishes were all factored into Nu-Heat design.

Can we see the manifold ?

Here is 1st floor manifold

Attachments

• Optiflow.jpg
    Optiflow.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 9
And the tiled floor is exactly the same as that ?

Reply to Unable to run bath of hot water after boiler change in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a thermal store heated by a boiler with its own thermostat. I also have a stove with a back boiler. The stove heats water in a separate...
Replies
Views
R
Wb 4000 recently installed, and just balanced the rads with around 16 degree delta across most rads. I'm trying to make sure that the return...
Replies
Views
Return temperature
R
Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock