Discuss Unable to run bath of hot water after boiler change in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

If the store temperature falls to 60C without any call for heat what starts the store circ pump and does a call for Ch only start it?.
Had just put explanation of that in the thread .... comment #30
When stat open and flow switch active - pump runs to provide stir
If stat is closed ... pump will run and provide boiler with call for Heat signal. (orrespective of flow switch condition)

So the DHW boost mode ‘full power mode’ will presumably change the boiler SP to 80C and return it to 70C or whatever when DHW demand ceases?.
The only benefit I see in (if) that is that the store standing losses will be slightly lower than maintaining it at 80C at all times.

Have you tried the pump on increased speed and increased the store stat SP??.

As soon as you use hot water the boiler should start up with a max store drop of 5 degrees

So the DHW boost mode ‘full power mode’ will presumably change the boiler SP to 80C and return it to 70C or whatever when DHW demand ceases?.
The only benefit I see in (if) that is that the store standing losses will be slightly lower than maintaining it at 80C at all times.

Have you tried the pump on increased speed and increased the store stat SP??.
My ‘understanding’. (No guarantee I‘m right)
is that the boiler max burn temp does not change.
What changes is that the ‘cylinder demand boost’ switches boiler to Hot Wafter mode ..
which means direct full power, no modulating.
when ‘cylinder demand.boost’ ceases boiler switches back to ordinary mode, but still set to 80 as max temp.

I have increased pump speed to ‘3’. I am unable to increase Store above 60C until I fit the temperature blending valves … candy risk damage to UFH pipes.

Too late as tbh the ufh shouldn’t be running at 60 or even 50 you sure there isn’t a blending pump set on the ufh picture ?

Too late as tbh the ufh shouldn’t be running at 60 or even 50 you sure there isn’t a blending pump set on the ufh picture ?
Absolutely no blending valve on heating circuit .. though I may add one. The system has worked fine until the boiler change. This is the system schematic - no blending

NuHeat schematic.jpg

Last edited:
No but it’s at the bottom of the store so only 40/45 dc flow temp

Reply to Unable to run bath of hot water after boiler change in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a thermal store heated by a boiler with its own thermostat. I also have a stove with a back boiler. The stove heats water in a separate...
Replies
Views
R
Wb 4000 recently installed, and just balanced the rads with around 16 degree delta across most rads. I'm trying to make sure that the return...
Replies
Views
Return temperature
R
Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock