Discuss Unable to remove lever on Methven sink mixer in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,
I have a Methven mixer that is leaking around the base so I bought a Fixit-It repair kit.
It does not have a red/blue cover for access to the grub screw at the front but a little indent at the back.
I have tried using a 2.5mm allen key to remove the lever but cannot find the screw .
What am I doing wrong ?

It could well be a 2mm Allen or a slotted grubscrew.
Try taking a photo on your phone , which you can then zoom in - might need to provide a light source too.
Thanks for the reply. Used a mirror and torch and I can see the grub screw that is accessible at a 45 degree angle but for the life a me I can't get the allen key in when I use a 2/2.5mm key. What a stupid design.

Thanks for the reply. Used a mirror and torch and I can see the grub screw that is accessible at a 45 degree angle but for the life a me I can't get the allen key in when I use a 2/2.5mm key. What a stupid design.
Hiya, we're having a similar issue. Did you manage to do it and if so, how?
Thank you!

Hi Chantal, Got a plumber to come round and he could not access the grub screw either. It is a poor design for serviceability.
In the end I just got him to replace the mixer. Will not be using Methven in the future nor will I be recommending the product.

Reply to Unable to remove lever on Methven sink mixer in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back