Discuss UFH not working - suspect issues at manifold in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

No you are correct but the flow meters look shut there eg not much gap between need to close two and one open

Ignore me just noticed the pumps pumping down / into flow meters

Last edited:
No you are correct but the flow meters look shut there eg not much gap between need to close two and one open

But I looks like your manifolds are the wrong way round eg flow meters should be top unless the top valve is the flow ?
Honestly I don't know. There are no obvious markings other than on manifold it says brand name and IN and OUT which I assume resembles flow/return. In which case the red sticker at the bottom has IN.

Worth me flipping these around and put actuators at bottom?

For reference this is the upstairs manifold which is working broadly as intended (although one zone gets too hot and another not enough, I also note no isolation valve for flow/return)
20211208_133130.jpg

Does the closest one to the pump get the hottest / too hot ?

I've ordered a digital thermometer (coming tomorrow) as to my touch there is very little difference in the metal part of manifold ie top and bottom bar both hot. Pipes are room temperature coming out from either flow or actuators part

The manifold metal bar ie the part where the UFH pipes are connected, is getting hot on both top and bottom, almost identical on both around 40c. Plastic pipes themselves not warming at all

Open one flow meter fully open

Thats what I've done so far. Opened one fully, closed two fully, given it some time but nadda. Same for all three loops.

I'm confused how both top and bottom can be hot if loops themselves aren't flowing. I thought only flow side was fed the warm water from the flow mixer. From the piping on mine it looks like there is a connecting (vertical) pipe from the flow mixer that is perhaps simultaneously feeding both top and bottom bars
Open one flow meter fully open

It could be that you have inadequate flow to your actual manifold, your main system pump could be the issue. Isolate the other manifold that is working and see if it gives an improvement.

Reply to UFH not working - suspect issues at manifold in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock