Discuss UFH not working - suspect issues at manifold in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Only option is to now flush each loop via a hose pipe incase there’s air stuck

Only option is to now flush each loop via a hose pipe incase there’s air stuck
Started to flush and from what I've researched, I should leave first flow meter open and other closed. It's not overly clear but to do that I've unscrewed the glass portion as much as possible anti clockwise and tightened the other two clockwise. However the flow meter does not move/respond to the water flow which is exiting into my bucket without sputtering/air.

For reference I'm filling via the flow meter portion and draining via the actuator portion of the manifold

20211214_143829.jpg

No water in the flow meters also just close the actuators on two of them

Getting some where, but can only partially fill the flow meters before the pressure blows the filling pipe off (despite it draining out the other side).

I've turned the main valves back on and got pump running to call for heat, actuators working but the flow meters just zero response, stuck showing 0 flow

20211214_154913.jpg
20211214_154904.jpg

Do the flow meters move at all if you fully close them or open it ?

Sounds like either no flow or a blockage as they should work as fully open on the flow meter eg all the way out until stop is max then all the way in is off / no flow

I'm guessing from state of old flow meter could be sludge build up. But if it was so bad to not allow any response from the flow meter then I'm confused as to how water was flowing out the drain pipe when I was filling i.e. if enough space around the sludge for water to exit then I would have thought that would be enough water to register something on the flow meter or am I not understanding how they work properly?

Thanks for all this troubleshooting by the way, it really is appreciated

Did you shut the return and pull through the return side of the manifold ?

Did you shut the return and pull through the return side of the manifold ?
I tried to close the return as soon as the flow meters were almost full but then every time the filling pipe would almost blow off due to pressure and the flow meter water levels dropped off to where they are in previous pics.

To confirm from pic below, red pipe is drain pipe from actuator part of manifold and other pipe is my fill pipe to the flow meter part. Maybe I'm filling/draining from wrong way round but my research saw everyone do it that way. Note after I filled it best I could I turned the red/blue valves to open them.

20211214_144556.jpg

Reply to UFH not working - suspect issues at manifold in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock