Discuss U16 meter capacity in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FlowGas

Hi everyone,

I'm not a very active poster on this forum but it has helped me alot over the year, some advice is needed once again. Just to mention I'm not regularly working in the industry atm, just here and there for friends and family. A good friend of mine has brought a shop and covering it into a chippy. A U16 meter needs to be installed and hes asking whether the U16 meter has enough cubic capacity for chippy to run efficiently.

Firstly would this be considered commercial work because its a chippy? Secondly if all is ok, have any of you had experience with tt and other work within a chippy. I could also get kW of appliances but whats the formula for working out cubic capacity for a U16 meter.

Any guidance and advice is much appreciated.

A chippy would be considered commercial, you need comcat to work on fryers. A u16 meter will flow 16 cub9ic meters of gas.

Ahh ok, thanks for the advice Mike. If there's any guys that do commercial work, is a U16 meter usually sufficient in supplying enough gas for catering equipment in this case a chip shop. Also the shop has a g4 meter for the flat upstairs, I am allowed to work on that right? Even though it's above a chip shop, servicing & check appliances within flat.

I think I can as it's a residential part, but currently stuck at work so can't look at my viper book.

Be sure to do pipe vol calcs. A u16 contains 0.025m3 of gas. Doesn't leave much for your 0.035m3 limit

You'll be surprised how little pipe can take you in to up1a. And get you introuble

Also different purging method due to the 0.025m3 volume of meter

Be sure to do pipe vol calcs. A u16 contains 0.025m3 of gas. Doesn't leave much for your 0.035m3 limit

You'll be surprised how little pipe can take you in to up1a. And get you introuble

Also different purging method due to the 0.025m3 volume of meter
mainly setting it on fire with a small burner,but simons quite right you need to add all your factors together

Thanks for the replys gents. I'm hoping there would be a separate meter for rhe residential bit. Also on the chippy side of it will leave to a engineer with a commercial ticket, but just wanted to know whether that's the normal sized meter used & to expand my knowledge and give a little advice to my friend.

I think what ur asking is how many kw will a u16 meter run?
if so a guide is 10kw is approx 1m3 of gas so a u6 max capacity is approx 60kw and u16 is approx 160kw
Now you can use this to determine if you been a u16 meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to U16 meter capacity in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock