Search the forum,

Discuss U guage or Differential pressure guage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eddiebrown424

Afternoon all happy Sundays to one and all. A quick question. I was thinking of buying a differential pressure guage does anyone use them for TT or are they not a worthwhile investment.

Thanks

Eddie

i only use a digital gauge one of the anton ones does differential to be honest think i have only used the differential a couple of times. but i dont like the hassle of a water gauge also i do industrial and commercial also lpg so i only need one gauge

i only use a digital gauge one of the anton ones does differential to be honest think i have only used the differential a couple of times. but i dont like the hassle of a water gauge also i do industrial and commercial also lpg so i only need one gauge

Thanks gasmk1 so worth getting one for domestic do you think

Hi Thanks Gasmk1 so worth getting for domestic do you think

i would say so a good tool to add to your tool bag also easier when setting pressures no squinting and add both sides and dividing by 2 to get the actual reading

I have a regin gauge that will measure nat gas and lpg. It uses its own liquid. It's a bit expensive for the liquid. I also have a water gauge both work fine. Dont electronic gauges need to be calibrated? Like any other pieces of our test equipment.

I use mine on the Anton FGA for TT. As it automatically times the 1min let by, 1min stabilize and the 2min TT & then stores the whole result including the timings, pressures reached and passes or fails each part of the test depending on the results. I can then print a paper copy and staple it to the cert or create a PDF to email and / or store digitally. And because it is a feature of my FGA it gets calibrated every year so no need to send off another piece of kit to be calibrated and charged for.

yes I use one all the time didn't pay a fortune for it centre brand make its good to have both I tend to use them for measuring pressure drop across the pipework , and servicing cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to U guage or Differential pressure guage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Some advice needed please re a 3 year old combi gas boiler. The hot water works but no heating. A gas engineer was already booked to do the annual safety check before the fault developed. He said the boiler is ok with no fault. He said there must be a leak under the floor boards causing hot...
Replies
Views
On my Valliant eco tec boiler the pressure guage is on red when cold . I drain a radiator to correct to pressure and it works fine and stays in the safe zone . When I switch boiler off the next day it’s back in the red It could be one of the valves leaking . Can I take the loop off , which...
Replies
Views
Oliver1234
O
Hi, I wonder if anyone here can help me in resolving this issue. The meter I have stops at 19mbar with 'out of range' message and I cannot use it for other pressure checks. The instruction manual is not helpful. I contacted Digitron but they are not replying. The meter range is upto 130mb...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am wondering if someone can make sense of this. I have been trying to determine if there is a leak on an existing water supply pipe. Attached a dry pressure guage to garden tap and turned tap on. Pressure went to about 3.5 bar then I shut off supply at the water meter. Over the next...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. A couple of things. 1 am I better fabricating bends in 14 mm copper for my ch or are 90 degree elbows fine, ref flow, friction ect. 2 my ch boiler, non condensing is playing up, I can get hot water, but when heating is on pipes only get hot for 1st mtre or so? I can hear feel the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock