Discuss U/floor heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just brought a property and I was thinking of putting underfloor heating on.

we don't normally get involved in it.

i have a combi boiler and I'm renewing the kitchen also. If it were to be done it would have to go on top of a solid floor.

currently there are radiators throughout.

just wondering if anyone can recommend a decent system. I would rather spend a bit more and get a good system that works well.

if anyone can recommend a system to suit I can take a look and make up my mind.

thanks !

You can get 'off the shelf' quote for the design and materials from:

The design is critical:

The Underfloor Warehouse (now flogas renewables)
Nu-heat
I think Speedfit will do you a design as well.

We use emmeti (pex/al/pex pipe)

To go on top of an existing solid floor, you need to insulate first then pipework in screed so you need ideally 150mm ... anything else is a compromise.

Or you can use liquid screed it's suited to underfloor heating better in most cases

Thanks for that. So what would you say the best make and design I could go for Worcester?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to U/floor heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, gotta a bit of an issue with refilling my underfloor heating. Am I right in saying that the flow meters along the manifold should be on the...
Replies
Views
I'm attending a wet underfloor heating system, it's an old one ..No flow meters, just adjustable valves on the returns with conventional...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm considering having my heating system controlled by Honeywell Evohome. I have a question about the underfloor heating controller...
Replies
Views
I am starting a large victorian renovation and it will involve, (amongst everything else) installation of an entirely new heating and plumbing...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock