Discuss Two random questions.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
1) Keep seeing plastic waste pipes on external walls which are curved. Is this achieved by heating and then bending by hand when run path can't be achieve by fittings alone...is this a difficult technique? I ask because been asked to change cracked high-level cistern which has lead flush pipe. It curves in funny way to pan and I imagine replacing with plastic, if need be, would be difficult to line up. Could it be done by heating plastic or is it really hard?

2) So..it turns out you can burn wood quite easily through your burn mat if held on long enough...i found out the other day. lucily mucking about in my shed... or did i get unlucky / use a rubbish mat?

1) This is probably achieved by lazy plumbers who can't be arsed to put clips on the pipe! How about doing the high level flush pipe in 42mm copper? Seal up 1 end, load it with kiln dried sand and then seal the other end and you can heat it up to bend it without it kinking (looks great when tarted up with a scotchbrite pad and brasso'd)

2) I always keep a 6" square of 20 guage steel in me soldering kit to protect woodwork

Last edited:
i attempted to use the heat from my gas torch,, this worked but its very easy to kink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Two random questions.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock