Discuss Two Port Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bozza_bones

Morning All, I have issue with my heating at the moment. One of my down stairs radiator's does not get hot and the other get warm but not super hot. I have bleed all the radiators, balanced the system and cleaned the radiators off in question. The radiators were all clear. I popped my head up in the loft to check the pump was on and it appeared to working ok. I have two, two port motorized valves one for hot water and one for heating. When I push the lever on the side on one of the valves it moves very easlily, and you can here the motor moving. However the other valve I can move the lever at all, and there is a humming coming from the motor. I'm guessing the motor is faulty or the valve is stuck. I have watched a couple of videos how to check the motor and the valve are working. My question is if this valve is faulty would it cause a radiator not work at the end of the system as there is not enough flow in the system ? thank in advance :)

One is for Hot water, one Is for radiators... What make of valves do you have?

When they are shut there is normally resistance on the lever & you can feel yourself manually opening the valve with the lever... If they are slack then the valve is normally in the open position... If there really stiff then it could indicate a seized valve.

Hi pal thanks for the reply, think they are drayton Motorised valves. Its defo the heating valve. Im guessing if the valve is humming its down to the motor trying to open the seized valve. Would this account for the hot water not getting to the last radiator ?

If all the other rads are getting hot then it's a balancing or pump issue.

there is one radiator that isn't getting any heat at all, up stairs are super hot, down stairs are warm ? when I turn radiators off at one end of the system, the other radiators get slightly warmer. But the last radiator does not, really confused. The pump I have is a Grundfos alpha 2 15-60 130 and it is set on setting 3. there is hot pipes either side of it. What would be the best way to test the pump ?

If valve is hot & making a noise then replace it ! don't assume that because pump is making a noise that it's working correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Two Port Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all - can someone explain what the two black levers are in this picture? Are they for putting more pressure in the heating system? I have a...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
I want to swap a K1 radiator with a P+, the same size on a combi system. Can i turn off both valves, remove the existing radiator, put the new one...
Replies
Views
I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock