Search the forum,

Discuss Two inspection chambers at bungalow in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I was wondering is it normal to have two inspection chambers on a bungalow property I have one just next to he decking which is clear and the waste runs fine through it.
But today was clearing all the stones away doing some gardening and found another one exactly the same cover near the alleyway.
Could the second one be dormant? as toilet was flushed as normal and nothing came through the second chamber of not backed up just looks like covered in clay mixed with mud and silt.
Checked next doors detached bungalow like ours they have their own inspection chamber.

You've probably found a rainwater drain. Have another look when it's raining heavily.

Unless you can figure out what it is/was for I'd leave well alone. If it ain't broke...

I was wondering is it normal to have two inspection chambers on a bungalow property I have one just next to he decking which is clear and the waste runs fine through it.
But today was clearing all the stones away doing some gardening and found another one exactly the same cover near the alleyway.
Could the second one be dormant? as toilet was flushed as normal and nothing came through the second chamber of not backed up just looks like covered in clay mixed with mud and silt.
Checked next doors detached bungalow like ours they have their own inspection chamber.
As @Chuck says, More than likely a two pipe system of drainage. Some areas have a sewage system for the foul water and a separate system for surface water. No foul water should enter the surface/rain water system.
Quite often you will see two pipe systems where there is a river close by.

Maybe the manhole is for the rainwater run off, I would get a hose pipe on it and clean it up anyway
Centralheatking

I found out what it was for is basically water waste drain coming from kitchen water grid waste
[automerge]1582714150[/automerge]
I found out what it was for is basically water waste drain coming from kitchen water grid waste

One thing I am confused about left conversion was done 10 plus years ago we bought bungalow 2 years ago an ensuite was fitted in loft and I am stumped where the toilet sewage waste goes maybe along the roof?

If it is your rainwater run off then you may be in luck. If it discharges to a soak away you can claim for lower utility bills as they are normally pre loaded that properties discharge rainwater to the foul sewer and charge accordingly. Centralheatking

If it is your rainwater run off then you may be in luck. If it discharges to a soak away you can claim for lower utility bills as they are normally pre loaded that properties discharge rainwater to the foul sewer and charge accordingly. Centralheatking
I think it just goes into main sewer system.
[automerge]1582725393[/automerge]
[automerge]1582714150[/automerge]

One thing I am confused about left conversion was done 10 plus years ago we bought bungalow 2 years ago an ensuite was fitted in loft and I am stumped where the toilet sewage waste goes maybe along the roof?

As you can see in the pictures the cast iron waste pipe sticks out of ground with filter on top. And the waste pipe goes from the toilet near the bathroom window. I know the waste pipe runs under the decking to the inspection chamber then onto the sewer. I have easy access to inspection chamber and it's clear no blockages.
I am just confused where the waste pipe from the toilet in the loft would run.
[automerge]1582728803[/automerge]
I think it just goes into main sewer system.
[automerge]1582725393[/automerge]

As you can see in the pictures the cast iron waste pipe sticks out of ground with filter on top. And the waste pipe goes from the toilet near the bathroom window. I know the waste pipe runs under the decking to the inspection chamber then onto the sewer. I have easy access to inspection chamber and it's clear no blockages.
I am just confused where the waste pipe from the toilet in the loft would run.
I think it runs along the ceiling and down the bathroom meeting the toilet waste pipe

Attachments

• 20200226_134848.jpg
    20200226_134848.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200226_134902.jpg
    20200226_134902.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Reply to Two inspection chambers at bungalow in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock