Search the forum,

Discuss Twin Pump Issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to a property today where a tenant complained the pump activated when other taps were closed. Also said when he ran the shower he could hear air coming out.

Pump is serving only the bath and does not have a dedicated hot/cold feed nor is there a flange on the cylinder. Pump is situated under the bath.

He ran the kitchen tap, turned it off and just before it was fully closed the shower pump activated for about a second. The same happened with the basin tap. But only once and then the issue disappeared.

I explained that because the pump wasn't served with a dedicated feed with a flange it was prone to suck in air, hence the air coming out the shower. But I couldn't explain why the pump activated when shutting off the other taps.

Could that be air related also? Or back pressure when closing the tap causing the pump to momentarily activate?

Or the surge of pressure coming back after tap being shut and activating the flow switch. Iv seen this before with combis.

Like you say, the pump will pull air through the vent or any other open taps/ball valves with no dedicated feed. So many are installed wrong.

Cool, I'm happy with what I told the custard then.. Cheers guys ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Twin Pump Issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge of the cold water pipe and explained that there were two options: 1. Get into the wall with a jackhammer to fix the problem; or 2. Install one of...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got water hammer issues with my cold feed and some with the hot feed. When the cold sink tap, cold bath tap and thermostatic shower in the main bathroom is opened and closed there are hammering sounds from the living room ceiling. It sounds like knocking. There's no hammering whilst...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar. Connect to this is a 1.5 bar Ora Salamander pump for a positive head, this was connected by a plumber of course and we’ve had it all rigged up...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom floor when the cold feed for the loo turned off/ same with the washing machine. So I turned off the mains water supply. Opened the highest tap first...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have a standard gravitational system at home and a Salamander pump CT force 30pt is part of the hot water system for the 2nd floor. For the last three months, the pump didn't work well and wasn't starting to generate pressure each time we opened the taps/shower handle. At the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock