Discuss Twin flued boiler i.e. Keston alternative in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

highland

Hi everyone newbie here.

I am looking for some advice.

Have been asked to remove old Range Powermax 185:eek:(needs constant resetting and customer wants rid, not interested in fixing:D)

Want to fit megaflo and boiler instead.

Only problem is that i have to flue boiler 9mtrs to external wall.

Old powermax has twin flue set up(although fall required is not incorporated as per new condensing boilers) and was wondering if anyone knew of a boiler besides Keston which would be up to the job.

Any advice or solutions

Many thanks
Highland

Sorry realised probably on wrong forum. Anyway hellloooo everyone.

Highland
The one and only twin flue set up that I have done, I used a glowworm ultracom sxi24.If memory serves me correct, I think you can have a run of 40 metres(combined,including terminal fittings).
Hope this helps
Graham

On a side note there was a couple fatal of incidents recently involving flue pipes encased in boxing etc, as a result corgi did a campain (sp) about the need to inspect the entirety of the flue pipe on a service/landlords check etc and any flue must now have access panels in the boxing to check the flue is still intact etc.
I went to service/cp12 a keston c36 with the flue pipes in 2" solvent weld ruuning horizontaly under real wood flooring then verticly up a wall in plasterd pipe boxing and out of the roof, I just hope the NCS classification i gave it would cover my bum in court if anthing went wrong at a later date

Whilst the powermax did not explicitly demand any fall on the flue, the installation details showed it as falling back to the boiler -even Baxi's own technical did not know but said it looked like it should fall back. Problem was that if it didn't, you would still get condensate liquid in the flue when the boiler shut down and this would eat through the flue that the manufacturers had so wisely made from thin aluminium! :rolleyes: Hole in flue = products of combustion in void. Thankfully in the case I attended to last week the owner had seen water damage to the ceiling and called me in to investigate before anyone's life was put in danger.

My impression from talking to Gas Safe technical was that the inspection requirement was for joints and on new flueing, not the whole flue length. Baxi seemed to think it was whole flue. In the case of the fatality referred to above, a joint had seperated and the entire products were spilling into the building. With disastrous results.

Wasn't the case against the two BG employees dropped through 'lack of evidence' or am I getting confused with something else?

Just found the mail I received from Gas safe tech and my statement above is incorrect. Ability to inspect the entire flue IS required, not just the joints as I said. Must start reading these things a bit more thoroughly!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your help guys and will take note about being able to inspect full length of flue.

wish you all a merry christmas

highland

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Twin flued boiler i.e. Keston alternative in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock