Discuss Tun dish leaking intermittently on my Ariston Classico STI cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys

I have posted a message similiar few weeks back regarding my issue with the cylinder, currently at week 3 still waiting for a plumber to check this, been let down twice already! - frankly a little pee'ed off!

So my question is meanwhile could I try the 'reinstating the air' procedure on this, it maybe just as simple as this.. I can try at least, if so can someone kindly post instructions on how to do this? happy to send pics first.

Thanks

I've got a secondary return that runs on a tiny little pump, the pump itself doesn't use much energy.
I think the main efficiency issue is lost heat through the pipework, keeping the pipework hot with short runtimes doesn't help much with that.
A timer to keep it off at times your not likely to use the hot is a good idea, like at night or while at work.
I've considered fitting a flow switch so the pump only runs when a tap is used, so the water is pulled through much quicker but the time and cost would probably outweigh the benefit.
IMO forget the 5min thing it's probably just going to shorten the life of the pump (like with a lightbulb)
Depending on the controls you have, could even use the second channel (HW) on your existing programmer to control pump times?

I wouldn't reccomend not using it at all as it would either make HW take even longer to come through or leave tepid water sitting in the pipe to grow bacteria.
I'd reccomend running it for atleast an hour per day

Mmmmm currently im using a plug timer, on every 5 mins per hour during daytime. I guess using the second channel HW would do the same anyway? Although I have no idea if I can , my thermostat is a nest.

Isnt there a way for the pump to come on automatically when hot water tap is used?

Last edited:
Just keep as it is but I'd run it in the morning when I'm most likely to use the basin, shower etc
Then in the evening when I'm likely to use sink etc.
Running for 5min in every 20 would work well during those times but I don't see the point.
Rather narrowing down the times you most use the hot water would give best savings IMO.

Isnt there a way for the pump to come on automatically when hot water tap is used?

There is but it would be pointless because the pump needs to be running for several minutes before someone decides to turn tap on. Unfortunately, the laws of physics don't allow such a device, which has to predict the future, to exist.

Anybody know of a timer plug or even socket where I could time the pump to come on like few mins every 20 mins during the day in a loop? or a timer where I can set at least 30 set programs per day - prefably a digital one.

Reply to Tun dish leaking intermittently on my Ariston Classico STI cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock