Discuss Tun dish leaking intermittently on my Ariston Classico STI cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys

I have posted a message similiar few weeks back regarding my issue with the cylinder, currently at week 3 still waiting for a plumber to check this, been let down twice already! - frankly a little pee'ed off!

So my question is meanwhile could I try the 'reinstating the air' procedure on this, it maybe just as simple as this.. I can try at least, if so can someone kindly post instructions on how to do this? happy to send pics first.

Thanks

Pixs

44E19392-9DD9-47F0-A59C-C63D4DDE6273.jpeg

C32AB35E-1081-426D-8B8D-6549FFDD0F3E.jpeg

BC4096B8-9618-4429-A227-A60E54A897C0.jpeg

39F89838-47A3-4DCE-AA2F-45C636EC435A.jpeg

17E7DFB7-5C36-49F9-903C-58F49990DA50.jpeg

B931C5E4-D0FC-4E1C-A5B5-A19FF7351245.jpeg

DC37E43D-9B0C-49E7-B3B1-27B2F56838B0.jpeg

932B2295-4EE8-4EF8-88CB-14F49E2AE2A8.jpeg

Sorry my friend you need to be G3 registered to work on these as they are quite literally like bombs if they are not set properly. You’ll have to try a different engineer or maybe try the I’m looking for a plumber section on here.

Turn off the cold supply (above right of small white cylinder)
Open lowest hot water tap and leave open.
Open t&p relief valve (top left, quarter turn).
Hold valve open untill glugging sound stops, that can be 5 min or more.
Then turn off tap, turn on water and check that t&p relief stops dripping.

However the small white cylinder may have been installed to replace this function if it doesn't work so you may need to charge that cylinder too.

With water off and hot tap open, pump the small white vessel up (with bike pump) to a pressure or 3bar then turn off tap and turn on water.

Riley is right but I would only class 'work' as an operation that requires tools (other than a bike pump) so don't unbolt anything or change any pipe or components!

If your not 100% sure from the instructions above then stop and wait for a qualified plumber

I wouldn't be happy with how that expansion vessel is supported, when you get an enginner to check your system over ask him to move that vessel. If the diaphragm perishes that's going to be alot of weight for the pipes to hold and you could end up with a flood to deal with.

Turn off the cold supply (above right of small white cylinder)
Open lowest hot water tap and leave open.
Open t&p relief valve (top left, quarter turn).
Hold valve open untill glugging sound stops, that can be 5 min or more.
Then turn off tap, turn on water and check that t&p relief stops dripping.

These are instructions for a Megaflo type cylinder with an internal bubble. They aren't correct for the system in the picture, which has an external EV and needs to be serviced by a G3 qualified competent person who will know how to check the EV has not failed.

See, for example point 4 on the warning sticker.

These are instructions for a Megaflo type cylinder with an internal bubble. They aren't correct for the system in the picture, which has an external EV and needs to be serviced by a G3 qualified competent person.

See, for example point 4 on the warning sticker.
Your right, I didn't look properly and was thrown by the dotted line - my bad.
I'd say point 2 was more precise!
I think charging the vessel is a reasonable DIY job.
Would be best to have it serviced too tho

I think charging the vessel is a reasonable DIY job.

I'd argue that the fact it needs recharging probably means that either it's not been properly serviced regularly or the EV is faulty neither of which are DIY.

These unvented systems are getting more common and a lot of them are getting quite old; IMO they need treating with more respect than many of them seem to be getting.

I personally would not touch it myself, getting a plumber to service and check it. I have been trying to find someone for the last three weeks!

I moved in this house 3 years ago, theres a sticker on it with an installation date of 2010, I haven’t serviced it since I moved here, I had no idea that it needed servicing! All I knew it was s tank full of water!

- but recently got to know exactly what it is, I even know what a tun dish is! I almost consider myself G3 qualified now! (Joke!)

Reply to Tun dish leaking intermittently on my Ariston Classico STI cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock