Discuss 'Tubes' one end only Radiator valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Puddle

Called at a job today,top dormer bedroom radiator not working ,builder job finished in the summer,maybe never worked but found posh 'Tubes' Italian designer radiator in bedroom with thermostatic valve,believe stuck could not free off
But there is only one side of the radiator with a valve and both 15mm pipes go into it,looks like it has a built in bye pass,just wondered how these work,would there be a built in spreader in the radiator,not used to posh rads like this
Have fould there web site and below is link to similer valve,bottom left hand however mine is as said thermostatic
[DLMURL="http://www.tubesradiatori.com/ita.html#/2/91/29/168/01"]TUBES RADIATORI IT[/DLMURL]
Has any one come accross these,how do they operate, have not got a price for a new one but bet will be a bob or two

As system pressureised was going to wipe it out to have a look but then found pressure release valve just sitting there in the side roof space with no pipework connected to it,ready to flood the place,good old builders,so going to report tommorrow and go from there

Last edited by a moderator:
i was called out to a rad like yours not heating , found a little filter built in the vavle , cleaned it , job done .

i was called out to a rad like yours not heating , found a little filter built in the vavle , cleaned it , job done .

Thanks for reply Wolden,were is the filter ,is it behind the smaller center cap that looks like bye pass ?

they dont all have filters!, its a one pipe valve, the bypass allows the heating circuit to continue on to the next rad if heating demands are met. inside the radiator connected to the valve will be a plastic pipe about 8 inches long that "injects" the water into the radiator in a different area to the valve, the water circulates normally via convection and is "sucked" out next to the valve.

ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 'Tubes' one end only Radiator valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock