Search the forum,

Discuss Trying to get the heating working correctly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one more question while trying to get my head around the system. So i have my main water inlet through the combination valve, and teed off to the expansion tank, then into the inlet of the cylinder. What is feeding the secondary pump? and why don't I get hot water unless this is running.

You should still get hot water might take 60 seconds but you should still get hot water

I sometimes get warm water but only briefly, and sometimes luke warm, as soon as the pump is running, instant hot water, I'm just confused as to what is feeding the secondary pump if you have your cold water main coming in via the combination valve. My thinking is if i get my head around the system prior to the bloke coming round, we will spend less time messing about trying to explain things to me.

I sometimes get warm water but only briefly, and sometimes luke warm, as soon as the pump is running, instant hot water, I'm just confused as to what is feeding the secondary pump if you have your cold water main coming in via the combination valve. My thinking is if i get my head around the system prior to the bloke coming round, we will spend less time messing about trying to explain things to me.

All the pump does is draw hot water from the tank (out the hot) to the furthest outlet and back again to the cold inlet

Cheers shaun, but my knowledge is limited, so is the hot water setup like a ring main flowing out the cylinder, into some sort of manifold, which all the outlets are connected, then back to the hot water tank, via the pump, all the pum is doing is just circulating this hot water round the system, getting it to the taps quicker than if there was no pump? im guessing this is then the case so the pump isnt pumping against a closed system, over-pressurising the tank. Thanks for your help

It looks as if the bronze pump is fed by the cold mains not the hot?? o_O

pumping into the cold feed to the cylinder (cylinder doesn't have a secondary port/ tapping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trying to get the heating working correctly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock