Discuss TRVs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Corkplumber

Do TRVs go on the flow or the return? Which side of the rad is the flow and which is the return?

Flow is hotter of the two.
Most trvs these days can be fitted on either. There will be a double sided arrow logo on the side of the valve on the brass bit. This signifies a bi-directional valve

Cork plumber you need to change your user name, if you are from cork y can keep that bit, but you ain't a plumber

Looking back at your posts and started threads you certainly arnt a plumber!

Are you a handyman by any chance?

trv,s normally get fitted to rads,rads are those large white things that get hot,trv,s are normally by directional as in they swing both ways,like VT allegedly,VT is a annoying brummie brumingham is a city in england where that other t thing comes from called a tvr or was that norfolk,no it was somewhere else but you can only fit trvs to rads not tvr,s as thats a car and would not fit

trv,s normally get fitted to rads,rads are those large white things that get hot,trv,s are normally by directional as in they swing both ways,like VT allegedly,VT is a annoying brummie brumingham is a city in england where that other t thing comes from called a tvr or was that norfolk,no it was somewhere else but you can only fit trvs to rads not tvr,s as thats a car and would not fit

Not sure if I should feel educated or confused, where do you fit a TVR and are they noisy? I hear they break easily, i guess when they get knocked by a hoover around the radiator.

you stick a vacuum in a TVR and it probably wont start again as all the loose bits needed to make it work will have gone. But they do make a lovely noise when thet start up! :)

Not sure if I should feel educated or confused, where do you fit a TVR and are they noisy? I hear they break easily, i guess when they get knocked by a hoover around the radiator.
they are very noisy,and go on the flow rust could be a problem though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TRVs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock