Search the forum,

Discuss TRV with remote sensor and adjuster in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eustache

I have a radiator with old Westherm Four TRV which is going to have a settee close in front of it. It seems that replacing the TRV (head only if possible) with one which has a remote temperature sensor and adjuster would be good in terms of temperature control, and also access to adjuster.
Myson, Danfos, Honeywell and Drayton all appear to make what I need. Does anyone have any experiences as to which of these work well/badly?
Many thanks.

I have a radiator with old Westherm Four TRV which is going to have a settee close in front of it. It seems that replacing the TRV (head only if possible) with one which has a remote temperature sensor and adjuster would be good in terms of temperature control, and also access to adjuster.
Myson, Danfos, Honeywell and Drayton all appear to make what I need. Does anyone have any experiences as to which of these work well/badly?
Many thanks.

I've always used Myson or Danfos and both are as good. Danfos probably has the edge for me personally. You can get remote sensor with a normal looking TRV head on the valve or as I think you said a remote Head/Sensor that you fix to the wall away from the rad

You have two options

Remote head trv (etf2)

image.jpg

Drayton ETF2 Remote Setting Head Kit 2m Capillary - Heating > Radiators & Fittings > Other > Drayton ETF2 Remote Setting Head Kit 2m Capillary in at Berhams

Or

Remote sensor

image.jpg

Drayton TRV4 2m Remote Sensor Capillary 07 25 007

it would be the Remote head trv (etf2), which would let me see what temperature I was selecting (without hanging upside down over the back of the settee!)

Presumably I would need to get a matching TVR body?

Do you prefer the Drayton product?

it would be the Remote head trv (etf2), which would let me see what temperature I was selecting (without hanging upside down over the back of the settee!)

Presumably I would need to get a matching TVR body?

Do you prefer the Drayton product?

Yes

And Drayton or danfoss for me (only reason I put up Drayton pics is that I had the pics )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TRV with remote sensor and adjuster in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6 other radiators and 2 bathroom towel radiators are just normal valve s. We live in a 4-bed, 3 storey house, as converted loft. Common problems were...
Replies
Views
Hi, I hope to adjust the shower mixer tap temperature by adjusting the physical device regulator, that goes by several names/terms. I have experience of this with sink/basin mixer taps and that was straight forward. I have attached four images and seek assistance to identify what they are. Some...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have a 15 year old Cosmogas Boiler in our house in Italy. It does 3 circuits: Hot water, Underfloor heating and normal radiator heating. I want to install a wifi controller to operate it remotely but not sure if this is possible. I currently have a Honeywell CR04 controller next to the...
Replies
Views
I have a Nest thermostat in my hallway which gets affected by the front door opening and closing. This thermo operates one zone (downstairs). I have one radiator the other side of the door to thermo. I have another in the study and two more in the lounge. None of the radiators have a TRV and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock