Search the forum,

Discuss Trustworthy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbp plg & htg

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Combined Maintenance Services require a Heating & Plumbing Engineer to maintain a 12 month contract for a minimum of 390 domestic rental properties within the “M” Postcode area.

They only want £2100 upfront for them to start supplying the work to me.

DONT THINK SO!

That sounds like the old premises of grafters recruitment.

Total scam.

Ha, I got the same email a couple of days ago, I think I read up to the third line before deleting. Surely no one takes them seriously and pays that kind of cash up front!

Had the e mail and a message on the phone earlier this week from this outfit. Both deleted.

Don't ignore it guys if you get a message from these con artists. REPORT THE BARSTEWARDS before some poor guy/lass whose lost their job and sees this and thinks it's utopia gets SCAMMED!!!!

Don't ignore it guys if you get a message from these con artists. REPORT THE BARSTEWARDS before some poor guy/lass whose lost their job and sees this and thinks it's utopia gets SCAMMED!!!!

In all fairness you'd have to not be dealing from a full deck of cards to part with money to these guys Colin.

Do you really think reporting them would do anything? Surely trading standards must know about these people, but they don't seem to be doing anything.

Someone out there who has been paid off, spent all their redundancy money on a fast track course and finds himself with no work or any prospects of work to support themselves or their family might be duped/gullible enough to fall for this scam. That's not fair and certainly not on.

Take the knowledge and information that you know about this mob to the POLICE not some pen pusher.

Same old reincarnated scam from a shower of cnts who come from (i'm ashamed to say) Scotland. They must make a decent living from it as they have been going for about 4 or 5 years now The phone number is/was down Ayr (Dalry) way but they also have an office in Glasgow city centre now (must be doing well) but they also got shut down by Ayr trading stds last year so that is probably why they moved to Glasgow.

Don't fall for the pay for work shyte! They pray on the innocent and the desperate.

In all fairness you'd have to not be dealing from a full deck of cards to part with money to these guys Colin.

Do you really think reporting them would do anything? Surely trading standards must know about these people, but they don't seem to be doing anything.

i doesnt work like that ! I put a thread about vison and forresters fund for children a while back me nearly getting scammed ! I was contacted by trading standards as i complained to them in first place ! Took my statement not a problem ! The man who inferviewed me came to my house and was an excellent man ! He said there aware of forresters find but eveytime the gather evidence for court people dont submit their statements ! Or dont wanna go further ! It doesnt cost you anything to report people ! You personally dont even have to go to court ! People not reporting it are allowing it to go on !

I have to agree with On31ll. Trading stds will take up the case with no hastle to you.
Last year Denise bought something from the tinternet thet wasn't up to spec (can't remember the specifics) so her being her she reported them to trading stds never thinking nothing more of it. 2 days later a guy knocks the door in relation to the report. (she wasn't in). He came back the next day and got a statement from her and built a case.
About 3 month later they had a result and closed them down.
The problem with this mob is they spawn up again next day as they make so much money from it.

Yer the man came out he was even willing to stand their as i worked ! He wasnt fussed ge new everybody has to work ! But i sat down with him and talked ! They spawn up again somwhere else because its easy ! If we report them everytime we have them trading standards will be onto them making it harder !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trustworthy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock