Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss truck engines to run on natural gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked on some gas compression equipment in the early 90`s for a company called tickfords.
They were developing compressed natural gas as an alternative fuel in trucks and buses.
It is obviousley rubbish because nearly 20 years later the technology is still rubbish.

ps Yes thats tickfords / cosworth / ford motor company

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine imports a kit from Oz to convert diesel engines to run on part LPG and part Diesel it is big in Oz and the US.

As well as a big saving in fuel you also get a power increase.

May get the van converted

this is done all over the place

most CHP's e.g 1Mw use catapiller engines converted to use natural gas

have a look [DLMURL="http://www.cat.com/power-generation/generator-sets/gas-generator-sets"]Caterpillar Gas Generator Sets[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
May get the van converted

Calor done this down our way with DIESEL LPG even they stopped using it because it failed so often :cheesy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to truck engines to run on natural gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This...
Replies
Views
All, Belfast, Northern Ireland. I am in a bit of a predicament. I have recently had a stove fitted in a chimney that had a disconnected and...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I am currently in the forces looking to leave in the next year or so. i have a level 3 apprenticeship in electrical and mechanical...
Replies
Views
Apparently my gas safe reg will get assigned to the ltd company (mine)? So I'm left with nothing myself if i ever sell or close down the company...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock