Discuss Trouble removing bath taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Use flexi's all the time, they work yes but you dont have to go superhuman when your tightening it up as its a rubber washer

Again, thanks for the responses. I think I'm just going to take a hacksaw to it. Try and break the nut that holds it to the bath, then take the pipe off at the bottom. Then insert a flexible pipe to the new tap.

[DLMURL="http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=510092&c_3=3|cat_14113450|Pipe+fitting+and+connectors|24510581&c_2=2|cat_16849207|Plumbing|14113450&c_1=1|category_root|Building+and+Hardware|16849207"]Compression Braided Tap Connector - 22mm-0.75in-500mm from Homebase.co.uk[/DLMURL]
Bit of work, and my girlfriend is fretting that she's going to be without a bath forever, but it shouldn't prove too difficult (should it??).

Is there anything I should be concerned about? The pipe obviously needs to retain the earth wire attached to it, but is there anything else? Do those flexible pipes work?
Only use the WRAS flexis as the other cheap foreign imports are crap and can split, leaving your girlfriend's bath water all over the house. Try Screwfix or Toolstation or better still support your local plumbers merchants.

Last edited by a moderator:
cut taps of as near to flush to the bath as you can then using a blade cut down inside the tap tailtill you split the nut best done with a repic saw but ive done it with a jigsaw before now or use a blade held in a rag

Flexi tap connectors will reduce the water flow from the taps a bit as their internal diameter is less than copper tube but probably not so you would notice too much. Good luck and be careful.

LOL funny enough i just saw this thread I was in the same position as you the other day. the tapnut was a C.U.N.T and wasnt moving no matter what. put your 22mil cutter cut just under the soldered tapnut. Under the backnut washer all the way down to the tapnut. Then pull the tap up and you can saw the threads off with a junior hacksaw thats what I had to do mate.

if you have managed to get the pipe disconnected from the tap try a long reach 34mm socket with a long arm, will give much better grip and leverage than any plumbing tools otherwise take the angle grinder route

Mate thread was from 2011 it's probably sorted by now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trouble removing bath taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock