Discuss trouble flushing toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wanttolearn

Gas Engineer
Went to a friends house as they couldn't flush the toilet as you had to pump the lever handle.
I changed the diaphragm over and put all back together but it's still not flushing.
Is it the case of just getting and fitting a new one
20160306_114641.jpg

thats a 2 part, nothing wrong with it!

more likely peice of the diaphragm has lodged in basin rim somewhere.
or fill level not right

thats a 2 part, nothing wrong with it!

more likely peice of the diaphragm has lodged in basin rim somewhere.
or fill level not right

Or pull it out and look down the tube it might be stuck there. Take it you know how to separate it.

I wish all toilets had a nice 2 part syphon like that! As said above^^ it should be fine.
Take the syphon apart again and check for bits of the old washer down inside the final bit of syphon where it goes towards the pan. Also check the new washer hasn't got folded and that any spring is still doing its job. I assume you have enough water level in cistern?

Yes. I took it all apart and couldn't see anything I thought that after changing the diaphragm it would of been able to flush as the old one was split.
I am going to replace fill valve as it's playing up too

I wish all toilets had a nice 2 part syphon like that! As said above^^ it should be fine.
Take the syphon apart again and check for bits of the old washer down inside the final bit of syphon where it goes towards the pan. Also check the new washer hasn't got folded and that any spring is still doing its job. I assume you have enough water level in cistern?

I would wish THE same that People agent that lazy and installuing 2 pary siphons a lot easier for THE next Service

I would wish the same that People arent that lazy and installing 2 part siphons a lot easier for the next engineer

Yes. I took it all apart and couldn't see anything I thought that after changing the diaphragm it would of been able to flush as the old one was split.
I am going to replace fill valve as it's playing up too

That fill valve is Torbeck and IMO I would avoid them and replace with a Fluidmaster Pro 45 with brass tail or similar.
Check the syphon has all its seals intact and no cracks anywhere to prevent syphoning. Especially at the very top above or near to water level

Last edited:
I would wish the same that People arent that lazy and installing 2 part siphons a lot easier for the next engineer

So sensible those 2 parts! Last one I replaced the diaphragm was while I was doing another job in the house. I had exact washer (round type with square cuts outs on edges) and took me only seconds to replace that I didn't charge the customer for it. Single very sexy fit lady though.

So sensible those 2 parts! Last one I replaced the diaphragm was while I was doing another job in the house. I had exact washer (round type with square cuts outs on edges) and took me only seconds to replace that I didn't charge the customer for it. Single very sexy fit lady though.

Saniflo used them in the old Sanichasse, it was 6 months before I found out about the Yellow pin - Duh!

:D you have put it together wrong :D give me 5 will get a pic

so simple, but if you put it in wrong order it doesnt work

20160306_114641.jpg

Last edited:
pics up :)

note you will have to take the siphon out again as you need to remove the c link (attaches to flush arm)

Last edited:
Oh really. Thanks for taking the time to help me out with this much appreciated. I will put it right tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to trouble flushing toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back